LANCASTER – A DUI Checkpoint in Lancaster this past weekend netted 26 arrests, authorities said.
The checkpoint was held between 6 p.m. Friday, April 21, and 2 a.m. Saturday, April 22, in the area of Avenue J and Genoa Avenue, according to a news release from the Lancaster Sheriff’s Station.
The results of the checkpoint are as follows:
- 874 vehicles screened at the checkpoint.
- No DUI-alcohol suspects arrested.
- One DUI-drug impaired suspect arrested.
- One suspect arrested on other criminal charges.
- 24 drivers cited/arrested for operating a vehicle unlicensed or while suspended/revoked.
- 38 citations issued.
The checkpoint was funded by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.