PALMDALE – One motorist was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol, two were arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of drugs and more than a dozen motorists were arrested for license violations at a DUI/driver’s license checkpoint conducted in Palmdale this past weekend, authorities said.
The checkpoint was conducted at Palmdale Blvd. and 17th Street East, between the hours of 6 p.m. Friday, July 22, and 2 a.m. Saturday, July 23, according to a news release from the Sheriff’s Information Bureau.
The results of the checkpoint are as follows:
- 1,319 vehicles were screened at the checkpoint.
- One DUI-alcohol impaired suspect was arrested.
- Two DUI-drug impaired suspects were arrested.
- 14 drivers were cited/arrested for operating a vehicle unlicensed or while suspended/revoked.
- Seven vehicles were released per checkpoint release procedures.
The checkpoint was funded by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.