LANCASTER – The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department’s Lancaster Station conducted a DUI/driver’s license checkpoint from 6 p.m. Friday, July 15, to 2 a.m. Saturday, July 16.
The operation was conducted at Avenue L and 27th Street West, according to a news release from the Sheriff’s Information Bureau.
The results from the checkpoint are as follows:
* 1244 vehicles were screened.
* No DUI-alcohol suspects were arrested.
* One DUI-drug impaired suspect was arrested.
* No suspects were arrested for illegal drugs (possession/transportation/sales).
* No suspects were arrested on other criminal charges.
* Seven drivers were cited/arrested for operating a vehicle unlicensed or while suspended/revoked.
The checkpoint was funded by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.