PALMDALE – A sobriety and driver’s license checkpoint in Palmdale Friday night (March 13) netted two DUI arrests, authorities announced Tuesday.
The checkpoint was conducted on Rancho Vista Boulevard, between 20th Street West and 21st Street West, from 6 p.m. March 13 to 2 a.m. March 14., according to Deputy Brent Bunch of the Palmdale Sheriff’s Station.
The results from the checkpoint are as follows:
* 1,698 vehicles through the checkpoint.
* 1,504 drivers were checked at the checkpoint.
* 1 DUI – drug (marijuana) suspect was arrested.
* 1 DUI – alcohol suspect was arrested.
* 2 unlicensed drivers were arrested and sent to court.
* 1 vehicle was stored for one day.
* 2 vehicles were released per checkpoint release procedures.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department will be conducting additional DUI/driver’s license checkpoints and DUI saturation patrols throughout the year as part of an ongoing commitment to lowering deaths and injuries upon streets and highways.
Funding for these operations is provided by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.