LANCASTER – Deputies from Lancaster Sheriff’s Station conducted a Sobriety and Driver’s License Checkpoint from 6 p.m. to 2 a.m. on Friday, March 23. The checkpoint location was westbound Avenue I at 3rd Street East. The results of the checkpoint are as follows:
- 809 vehicles traveled through the checkpoint.
- Seven drivers were waived through because of traffic congestion.
- 802 drivers were screened while in their vehicles.
- Five drivers were required to perform field sobriety tests.
- Two were arrested for DUI.
- 22 vehicles were stored or impounded.
- 28 citations/arrests for suspended, revoked, or no driver’s license.
- 10 citations were issued for miscellaneous traffic violations in and around the checkpoint.
- Two were arrested for misdemeanor warrants.
- Four were arrested for allowing an unlicensed driver to drive.
Funding for the checkpoint was provided to Lancaster Sheriff’s Station by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety, through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.