Starting at 8 p.m., Tuesday, November 8th, the processing of Local & Municipal election night ballots will be streamed live over the Internet, according to the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk’s office.
Voters can view the live streaming footage of election night activities at RR/CC Headquarters in Norwalk at www.lavote.com. The video stream will give voters live access to observe five different critical election night operations:
- Ballot Receiving. Ballots are scanned to account for their arrival at RR/CC Headquarters;
- Ballot Inspection. RR/CC staff inspects and prepares the ballots prior to being tallied;
- Snag Boards. Ballot issues are resolved.
- Green Stripe Envelope. Security envelopes are de-processed; and
- Microcomputer Tally System. Ballots are read and tabulated prior to producing election results.
The first bulletin with initial Vote by Mail ballot results will be issued about 8:30 p.m. As precinct ballots arrive during the evening, updated cumulative results will be available and posted on the RR/CC’s website here.
After the initial precinct bulletin, and as ballots are processed, semi-official results will be available approximately every 20 minutes until all precincts have reported.
Results will be updated until a semi-official election night tally showing 100% of the precincts reporting are posted.
Some abbreviated result updates will also be available via Twitter here.
Locally (Lancaster & Palmdale), the following seats are up for election (names listed in alphabetical order by last name):
Palmdale General Municipal Election – MAYOR
- Maggie Campbell, Professor
- Desmond Kester, Los Angeles County Supervising Appraiser
- James C Ledford, Jr., Incumbent
Palmdale Water District, Board of Directors, Division 3 (1 position for election)
- Gloria A. Dizmang, Retired Educator
- Linda J. Godin, Incumbent
Palmdale Water District, Board of Directors, Division 4 (1 position for election)
- Raul O. Figueroa, Incumbent
- Kathy Mac Laren, Palmdale City Planning Commissioner
Antelope Valley Joint Union High School District – Governing Board Member (2 positions for election)
- Kermit Franklin, Retired College Professor
- Jill McGrady, Retired Teacher
- Emmett Britney Murrell, Executive Director
- Donita J. Winn, Incumbent
Eastside Union School District – Governing Board Member (2 positions for election)
- Peggy W. Foster, Incumbent
- Joseph “Joe” Pincetich, High School Teacher
- Ronald Lee Taylor, Jr. Probation Crew Instructor
Palmdale School District – Governing Board Member (2 positions for election)
- Robert “Bo” Bynum, Incumbent
- Warren W. Gatling, Businessman
- Charles Mike McElfresh, Retired Maintenance Director
- Maria G. Molina, Teacher
- Marcanthony Sanchez, Appointed Incumbent
Westside Union School District – Governing Board Member (2 positions for election)
- Steven P. Demarzio, Incumbent
- Gwen Farrell, Incumbent
- Kristin L. Petersen, Community Volunteer
Antelope Valley Community College District – Governing Board Member (2 positions for election)
- Margaret L. Chavez, Retired
- Steve Fox, Attorney, Educator
- Jack D. Seefus, Incumbent
- Marginese Streeter, Educator
- Lew Stults, Small Businessman
For the November 8, 2011, Local and Municipal Consolidated Elections 1,646,732 voters will be eligible to participate. Contests to appear on the ballot include 19 cities, 42 unified and elementary school districts, 4 high school districts, 6 community college districts, 4 water districts, 6 county water districts, 8 city measures and 3 school district measures. The number of offices to be elected is 195. View the complete list of offices to be elected here.