Meth, gambling machine seized from Internet café

Onsite Internet services bust 1

The incident happened at Onsite Internet Services at 327 East Palmdale Boulevard. (Photos by LUIS MEZA)

Eight people were detained during the search but only two were arrested.

Eight people were detained during the search but only two were arrested.

PALMDALE – A search for two suspects accused of threatening a victim at gunpoint led Palmdale deputies to a drug bust at an Internet café Friday afternoon, authorities said.

The bust happened around 1 p.m. at Onsite Internet Services in the 300 Block of East Palmdale Boulevard according to Sgt. Zarris of the Palmdale Sheriff’s Station.

Deputies patrolling Palmdale Boulevard were flagged down by a victim who said he had been accosted and threatened at gunpoint, Zarris said.

“The suspects went inside a location on Palmdale Boulevard, which is an Internet café. Once inside the location they didn’t exit,” Zarris said.

Deputies detained eight people and conducted a “protective sweep and consent search” of Onsite Internet Services, Zarris said.

Onsite Internet services bust 3“Inside the location we found a large amount of methamphetamine, more than personal use,” Zarris said. “We also found approximately $10,000 in cash and a gambling machine… like a one-armed bandit.”

Deputies seized the items and made two arrests.

“The owner of the shop was arrested along with one of his employees,” Zarris said. “There’s further investigation going on in this case.”

Apparently the owner and the employee were the two suspects who threatened the victim. Their names were not immediately available Friday afternoon.

29 comments for “Meth, gambling machine seized from Internet café

1. angelo
    May 22, 2013 at 12:28 am

yes I am employed in a store near Internet Café business & saw everything… FYI the so called victim and former employee is the one that approached the Café and their staff with hostile attitude from the first pound on locked door to the people inside I heard him shout & demand “Open the f—ing door!”,He s the one that came @ them aggressively from how I saw things. I happen to be aquiantances of the owner and his employees and I can say nothing but good things about them in my opinion.They are good, respectable people, clean and polite to all & many buisneses owners surrounding will agree

2. Larry
    May 19, 2013 at 10:40 am

Sure is a pretty extensive search when your looking for people. The police dept. should have their ass handed to them for searching cars that are in the parking lot for surrounding businesses. Not to mention making the owner sign a consent to search form after the fact to cover their butts. Who are the real criminals in this town.

• Johnny Trece
      May 19, 2013 at 5:14 pm

Good point Larry. These L.A. County Deputies often do what they want to do and then try to cover their butts from the misconduct they committed.
      I remember, about three years ago, I was awakened from my nap inside my friend’s car by the local Palmdale Sheriff Deputies, at the Sleezy Eight parking lot. As soon as I opened the car door, one of them dragged me out of the vehicle and his partner yelled out that there was a weapon under the seat. I responded with “WHAT THE HELL?! WHAT WEAPON?! WHERE’S THE WEAPON!?”. I was told to “SHUT THE F-UP & LET US DO OUR JOB!” as they searched the whole entire vehicle like crazy scavengers. And with what probable cause?!?!?!?! The invisible weapon that I stashed under my seat?! HAAAAAA!!!
      If any of this bull ever happens to any of you, the public, make sure to DEMAND TO SEE THE WATCH COMMANDER, if arrested DEMAND TO REVIEW THE ARREST REPORT WITH THE WATCH COMMANDER and then see how these Dirty Sheriffs start flipping over from bad cop to good cop. I always let them know that I’m not stupid by calling them by “Deputy” rather than “Sir”. I treat them like equals and never as superiors. They like to take advantage of people that see them as superior.
      I sure hope Leroy Baca is becoming more aware of this bull. Us, the public, should start making ourselves a lot more louder and make sure that Baca can hear us.
      Heck, a year ago a patrol unit chased me down and beat me up unconscious in a ditch by Avenue S and 96th Street East in Littlerock. After regaining consciousness, I noticed that they were gone from the scene, nowhere to be seen. They should have, at least, called an ambulance for me instead of leaving me for dead. I had a very serious concussion after that altercation. My friends called the Sheriff’s office in Palmdale to report the incident, but the Sheriff Deputies denied any report of any police chase occurring in Littlerock. I ran from them, in the first place, because they had no probable cause to Jack Me Up. I refuse to be a victim and I am not intimidated nor scared of them.

May 20, 2013 at 9:49 am

• Johnny Trece
          May 20, 2013 at 7:11 pm

Depends on who’s asking………

May 20, 2013 at 10:14 am

News flash for all you productive stoners-Cheech and Chong have a new movie coming out called, what else? Up In Smoke, part two.Enjoy.

• PO'd Yank
          May 21, 2013 at 7:06 pm

HAAA….good one.

• PO'd Yank
        May 21, 2013 at 7:01 pm

You seem like a smart enough guy, Trece. Know how to spell, formulate a sentence, appear educated. I think it’s your fecal matter attitude that gets you rousted, thumped and chased. Wise up and let the LASD do their proactive job keeping the AV clean.

• MR. PERPLEXED
          May 22, 2013 at 7:22 am

• John wayne
        May 24, 2013 at 10:09 am

LOL Johnny Trece aka probably parole or prowler if you’re hanging out in the fine areas of super 8 or 90th and S areas.. Just a heads up those are all locations for tweekers like yourself.. Wait what Internet cafe are you going to use to post on this now? Look up probable cause and reasonable suspicions and based on your “i was hanging out in a car” BS argument you are either a prostiture or looking for your fix t those locations… You don’t have to be a cop to drive by a tweaked and say “he’s getting his fix or he’s high as eff right now” before you run from the police because you think you are tough and not scared and post a stupid cool story on here read it… Cause you make make no sense [removed]!!!

3. amber
    May 19, 2013 at 3:08 am

I’m thinking that this whole thing was a set up. The owner was running a great place to use the internet and hang out with my girlfriends before the kids got out of class. I never saw anything shady or any type of drug activity at all and I was there every day. And the man who was bragging about sending the police there, for every action there is a reaction!!!!

4. brenda
    May 18, 2013 at 7:33 pm

U all are crazy [removed] that dog that place an the people inside were not bugging anyone get a life people mind ur own business an [removed] that snitch [removed] that called the cops mother loved that place hell so did I,getting on facebook had never been more fun

5. pissedoffnative
    May 18, 2013 at 1:50 pm

glad to see that the illegal pot shop was a higher priority than the illegal gambling and meth hall. nice work ads clowns.

May 18, 2013 at 8:22 pm

• pissedoffnative
        May 19, 2013 at 12:19 pm

It was to say ass clowns. Try ranting on a new phone, it happens. (to my new phone, ‘happens’ equals ‘napoleon’)

• pissedoffnative
        May 19, 2013 at 12:21 pm

Oh, someone is one word…

6. JM
    May 18, 2013 at 12:39 pm

I am a near by business owner and go to Onsite Cafe frequently. The owner, his girlfriend and Gracie(mini pit bull) have been nothing but kind and respectable. I have never witnessed any problems until yesterday when a man came outside taunting four other gentleman and then yelling to his passenger that was waiting in the car to “LIGHT THEM UP”. From what I understand that man was angry and wanted his job back. He then bragged about calling the police as he stood and watched.

• arthur
      May 25, 2013 at 7:13 am

Who are you I need your help in this incident its me at 6619980339 my name is arthur. Thank you hope to hear from you soon.

7. May 18, 2013 at 10:29 am

Never heard of a mini pit…wouldn’t that be just toooo cute.
    And not as hard to handle….maybe…

• May 18, 2013 at 10:31 am

this was for sikntired on May 17…mini pit bull :)

May 18, 2013 at 12:01 pm

It always amuses me to see a wannabe badass with a little anklebiter dog.

8. Dude
    May 18, 2013 at 2:28 am

Meth, Gambling, and threatening people at gunpoint go hand in hand. Where were the prostitutes?? They must have been on their lunch break.

• Tim
      May 18, 2013 at 12:06 pm

If people want meth, gambling, prostitutes and guns, Las Vegas is only 250 miles from the AV.

Just grow some[removed] and move over there!

They even have a lot of Section 8 rentals available now thanks to the housing market collapse.

9. larry
    May 18, 2013 at 1:36 am

You all talk to much

10. javier
    May 18, 2013 at 1:31 am

How come I always find out about these places after the fact??

I be missing out, not fair!

11. Notagain
    May 17, 2013 at 8:15 pm

12. sikntired
    May 17, 2013 at 8:02 pm

Darn drug dealing criminals;and is that a mini pit bull?

• gerry
      May 19, 2013 at 8:10 am

With the cut backs in government and the way the dog is standing near the officer, maybe that is a police dog. Smaller, less food costs and smaller lawsuits when it bites the wrong person.