“We began offering passport acceptance services in early October,” said Yolanda De Ramus, Chief Deputy/Acting County Librarian. “To date, we’ve processed 112 applications at Lancaster Library.”
To access passport acceptance services, applicants should call 661- 948-5029 to schedule an appointment. They must bring the following items:
- Form DS-11: A completed, unsigned passport application form DS-11. The library has blank copies.
- Proof of Citizenship: A certified U.S. Birth Certificate, Naturalization Certificate or Valid U.S. Passport.
- Proof of Identification: Driver’s License, California I.D. card, previously issued U.S. Passport or Military I.D. card. Bring a copy of the front and back of the I.D.
- 2”x2” Photograph: The library does not take photos. For a list of nearby businesses that take photos in Lancaster, visit http://www.colapublib.org/passport/.
- Two checks or money orders for fees: Costs are determined by the U.S. Department of State and can range from $55 to $165 depending on the applicant’s age and specific services requested. For a comprehensive fee schedule and list of services, visit http://www.colapublib.org/passport/.
Lancaster Library is located at 601 West Lancaster Boulevard.
Though passports typically take between four to six weeks to process, applicants can obtain a passport in three weeks by paying a $60 Expedite Fee. Emergency passports cannot be processed at the library; applicants should call 877-487-2278 to obtain an emergency passport via the U.S. Passport Agency, located at 11000 Wilshire Blvd., Ste. 1000, Los Angeles.