Lancaster man killed in power pole car crash ID’d

Danny Holzer

Danny Holzer

LANCASTER – Authorities have identified the driver killed in a utility pole crash Tuesday afternoon as 51-year-old Daniel E. Holzer of Lancaster.

The fatal collision occurred around 1:40 p.m., February 18, on Avenue G, just east of 190th Street East, according to a California Highway Patrol report.

Holzer was driving a 2003 Toyota eastbound on Avenue G, “at a speed in excess of the posted 55 mph speed limit,” when his car veered off the road for unknown reasons and struck a mailbox and a small dirt berm, the CHP report states.

The car, “still traveling at a high rate of speed, struck an Edison power pole at the driver’s side door,” the CHP report states.

Holzer was pronounced dead at the scene.

The crash remains under investigation.

7 comments for “Lancaster man killed in power pole car crash ID’d

1. Big E
    February 20, 2014 at 10:04 pm

Great story K. Enrique. Perhaps you could add some information next time. No hate, just disappointed…

• KayDee
      February 21, 2014 at 3:24 pm

A man crash his speeding car into a pole and died. What more information do you need to know??? It kills me how people want gory details, details and more details to revel in other people’s misfortune. SMH…

2. Velmarie
    February 20, 2014 at 12:09 pm

Perfectly said !!!! <3

3. Wayno
    February 20, 2014 at 8:05 am

I had known Danny for many years since moving to Rosamond in 1977 he was always good to everyone and had a big heart. One of the best things about Danny was his sense of humor and he loved to laugh he had a great laugh you know the kind that would make you laugh just hearing it. I will always be hurt to know he is no longer with us Love ya Bro

4. John
    February 20, 2014 at 7:01 am

Omg I have known danny for years, I am so sorry to hear this, rip danny my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family!

5. Larry Walter
    February 19, 2014 at 9:46 pm

“It will be the little things that you remember, the quiet moments, the smiles, the laughter, and although it may seem hard right now, it will be the memories of these little things that help to push away the pain and bring the smiles back.” My thoughts are with you Tammy and Taryn, I have lost a true friend. Danny will be dearly missed.

6. Velmarie
    February 19, 2014 at 6:30 pm

This breaks my heart ! RIP Danny <3
    My prayers are with your family.