Allan Gonzales – Deputy for a day

Allan Gonzales (left) shares a moment with deputy Murray Jacob. (Photo courtesy LASD)

Allan Gonzales (left) shares a moment with deputy Murray Jacob at the Palmdale Sheriff’s Station. (Photo courtesy LASD)

PALMDALE – An 18-year-old with terminal cancer fulfilled a lifelong wish on Monday, thanks to some kind-hearted deputies at the Palmdale Sheriff’s Station. Community Relations deputy Jodi Wolfe shared the positive story in a press release issued Tuesday. Read it below:

On Monday, January 6th 2014, the Palmdale Sheriff Station was honored to present 18-year-old Allan Gonzales as “Honorary Sheriff”, and he was given the opportunity to be a “Deputy for a Day”.

This amazing young man, who was diagnosed with terminal cancer, has always dreamed of becoming a Deputy Sheriff.

Allan’s brother, Emilio, informed Palmdale deputies about his brother’s dream of becoming a Deputy Sheriff. The deputies were so inspired by this story they began to donate their own money to purchase special items to make Allan’s day even more special.

Allan was presented with an “Honorary Sheriff” certificate, a station pin and coin, as well as a Deputy Sheriff Hat. Allan was taken on a tour of the station and finished his day with a ride-a-long. Allan enjoyed his day so much, I was told he will be joining us for another ride-a-long this coming Thursday!

This young man is a true inspiration to everyone and truly has such a positive outlook on life. Our station was definitely blessed and honored to have Allan Gonzales as a “Deputy for a Day”.

UPDATED 1/22/14: Allan Gonzales passed away on Monday, Jan. 20. For details on his vigil and memorial service, visit Gonzales’s Facebook page here.

16 comments for “Allan Gonzales – Deputy for a day

1. Marvin Williams
    January 29, 2014 at 10:31 pm

I am still in shock about your passing Allan. You were a great individual and I feel privileged to have the opportunity to have met you. You were the life of our ILP Classes and we will never forget you. Rest in Peace.

2. Eddie
    January 28, 2014 at 12:25 pm

RIP Bro I Miss You, is not a goodbye its I see you the crossroads take it easy up there in heaven

3. jon
    January 22, 2014 at 1:36 pm

R.I.P bro i will miss you alot and your gone but never forgotten i will be at yo visual tomarrow night not to say bye but peace for awhile becasue we will be seeing each other again in the crossroads mad love bro you faught your hardest and glad you are not suffering anymore

4. Mrs M
    January 21, 2014 at 4:29 pm

With sincerest condolences to the family of this young man. According to his Facebook family, Allan passed away yesterday afternoon. Man, I hate cancer.

5. Jasmin
    January 9, 2014 at 5:35 pm

Palmdale station has some of the most kindhearted deputies. I hope that Allan gets to go on many more ride-alongs!

6. Janet
    January 8, 2014 at 12:59 pm

Such a heartwarming story to start off our New Year! My prayers are with you and your family, Allan. Many thanks to those at the sheriff’s station that made this possible for Allan.

7. Allan gonzales
    January 8, 2014 at 12:41 pm

I was breathless I love that day thank you to everyone there that day I fight hard longer now that I have something to look forword thank you to everyone that is blessing and praying for me thank you

• Carol (Coach) McCausland
      January 8, 2014 at 3:49 pm

Hi Allan….I have loved you since I was your teacher @ Mesa many years ago!!! I am so thrilled that you got the opportunity to do a ride along…you will be an amazing deputy….because you are an amazing young man!! I will be praying for you!! Just know that Coach McCausland loves you….and your sissy Wendy Girl!! Lots of love, prayers and hugs to you, your family and the sherriff’s dept. for stepping it up!!! xoxo

• Letlow
      January 22, 2014 at 9:44 pm

Allan Gonzales… I remember reading this comment and being filled with joy and pain at the same time when I thought about how wonderful this day must have been for you. Reading about your death hurts me as if you were my own family. Can’t explain it… Rest in peace young man.

8. Anna
    January 8, 2014 at 12:36 pm

This made me tear up, what a wonderful request for a special man. With all the negative remarks regarding our local sheriff dept. in the news, this just proves them wrong. We have the best police force here in the AV! Congrats Allan for being “on the job”!

• Praying for Allan
      January 10, 2014 at 12:09 am

Absolutely the best Cops working in the A.V. So glad to hear they made this day happen for the young man.

9. Bessy
    January 8, 2014 at 10:38 am

Awesome, congratulation on making his dream come true. Am pretty sure the feeling and memories of this special day will stay in your hearts for ever <3 .

10. Rosalyn Harris
    January 7, 2014 at 11:38 pm

Awesome job to hear about my coworkers making positive choices to help others in need.

11. A.~
    January 7, 2014 at 8:51 pm

God bless Allan and the Palmdale Sheriffs who helped make Allan’s dream come true. Thank you for your service, gentlemen!!

12. funny
    January 7, 2014 at 7:05 pm

Very Nice to see a Sheriffs Station with such a big Heart

13. Rooney
    January 7, 2014 at 6:34 pm

Well, bless his heart and bless the sheriff’s station for doing such a wonderful thing. I pray he gets many more “ride along’s “. God bless you Alan.