Arraignment delayed again in carjack/murder case

Christian Bojorquez, 21, was shot in the head, carjacked and left for dead in the desert near 180th Street East and Avenue M. He was airlifted to the hospital where he died nine days later.

LANCASTER – The arraignment of a man and woman charged with carjacking and killing a 21-year-old man eight months ago was postponed for the second time Wednesday.

Rosie Lisa Morales, 18, and Rudolfo Robert Alcantar, 27, are expected to return to court again on December 19 for their arraignment and plea.

Both are charged with special circumstance murder in the death of Christian Bojorquez, who was carjacked, shot in the head and left for dead in the desert on March 5, 2012.

Bojorquez was discovered by a passerby near 180th Street East and Avenue M. He was airlifted to the hospital where he died nine days later.

Alcantar was arrested for the crime in early August and charged with capital murder, arson, and being a felon in possession of a firearm, according to court records.

Morales was arrested in October and charged with capital murder and arson.

For both Morales and Alcantar, the murder charge carries the special circumstances of lying in wait and murder during a kidnapping and carjacking, which makes it a potential death penalty case.

Each defendant is being held on $2 million bail, according to the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office.

*According to the LASD inmate information system, Morales and Alcantar are being held without bail. This conflicts with the information from the District Attorney’s office. We will continue to follow this story closely, and update this article as more information becomes available.*

Related articles:

Suspects arrested in 7-month-old carjack murder case

Palmdale man shot, carjacked

53 comments for “Arraignment delayed again in carjack/murder case

1. Ashley
    April 5, 2013 at 4:33 pm

I love you like a love song Baby <3

2. Ashley
    April 4, 2013 at 4:16 pm

I wish that you could be here with me today.
    My birthday would have actually been great perfect.
    I was going to go see you but there were some complications., I’m sorry.
    please forgive me.
    I miss you so much.
    We were supposed to Dance last year.
    no big party just a simple sweet 16 where only you and my family were invited.
    You cant do for a 17th or any other for that fact. Especially without the chambelan de honor there.
    I missed out. But when we unite we’ll make up for it
    And I miss you.

3. heidi
    April 4, 2013 at 7:16 am

I feel so lost without u still.. I miss u so much christian.. I can’t believe its been over a year since u were taken from us.. since I’ve seen ur amazing heart warming smile. Forever n my heart love..

4. Ashley
    April 2, 2013 at 1:56 pm

Christiaaannn :D
    I miss you soo much man.
    It’s two more days till my birthday man.
    I hope you can drop by in my dreams to say happy birthday (:
    I wish you could be here to celebrate it with us so we could eat burgers and be together.
    I love you man and i hope you never forget it.

5. Ashley
    March 28, 2013 at 1:58 pm

I miss you soo much chris.
    Damn I cant believe it’s been a year.
    I feels like its all a nightmare and that I soon will wake up.
    A nightmare in which I can move and talk but at the same time I’m paralyzed.
    I’m living but i’m living a lie.
    It’s the worse feelin ever, man.
    I miss youa nd I can’t wait till the day we reunite.
    I ask you chris to please watch over your family(Mom, Dad your brothers and sister)and to please not foget us.
    I love you chris and I miss you.

6. Ashley
    February 28, 2013 at 2:00 pm

I had a dream with you yesterday. It was soo real. I hugged you and we laughed. We played cranium and ate ice-cream I made you cookies and we ate pizza. We had some takis and Doritos. Wow! It felt soo real. I did not want to wake up. I cried once I did. I know you are happy where you are now and I know that wanting you here is selfish. But I miss you man ! (:
    I can honestly say that wooow i Miss you and I can’t believe that you are gone. I wish I could hold you once more and would give anything to be with you.

7. heidi
    February 26, 2013 at 4:54 am

Dammit chris, I miss u so much. Its still so hard for me to accept that ur gone. Not a day goes by that you don’t cross my mind a thousand times! You didn’t deserve this its so damn wrong and unfair. I’m so greatful that our paths did cross, even for such a short period of time. An amazing year, I really learned a lot from you christian. R.I.P love.

8. Sinner
    February 11, 2013 at 9:38 pm

I failed you Chris, I failed you. I am so sorry. Chris, I am so sorry. I miss you so much. Why did god take you? You were such a great guy and had so much to live for. Please Chris please be alright in heaven. Please forgive me. I miss you so much.

9. Keith
    January 31, 2013 at 2:13 pm

I miss you,
    I miss you being there. I pray for you every night and You are always on my mind. I hope you are doing okay and I hope that your family is granted with 1000000000 blessings. I hope that you know that I love you. I told you once and i’m going to tell you again. I miss you.

10. Ashley
    December 24, 2012 at 9:24 pm

Merry Christmas chris! :D
    haha. yup. Christmas, we hispanic foo! (:
    Either way, I know you’re happy in heaven but I only wanted to make sure you knew you were on my mind.
    How much I miss you, man.
    Hey tell Santa to come to our house tonight! ;D
    haha. well Again MERRY CHRISTMAS!! c:

11. Anonymos
    December 23, 2012 at 12:08 am

Dec. 19, has come and gone, are there any updates as to what happened in court with these two? I hear Rosie seems to be proud of what she has done. It’s sad that someone so young is that messed up in the head.

12. Knight
    December 12, 2012 at 6:20 pm

Woow! man It’s going to be 9 months since you left to heaven.
    And I still can’t grasp that.
    I love you and I miss you.
    I hope that you will appear in my dreams or show in ANY way that you are HERE with me. Please don’t ever leave me. I beg you.
    “I love you” Those words haunt me. That day of finding out you were hurt will always be etched in my memory. That day finding out you were no longer here is the day I curse. I love you more than a stripper loves them dollar bills. More than what a fat kid loves food. And I need you more than what A balloon needs helium. You sir are the jelly to my donut.
    Maaan I miss you and I love you. You don’t know what I would give in order to be able to say this to you personally. I took your presence for granted. ‘Cause we were supposed to grow up/ older together.

Well have fun in Heaven man (:

13. Broken Soul
    December 11, 2012 at 7:05 pm

I sometimes lay at night in the dark thinking about you. I think of every beautiful memory I have of you. I think of everything I wish I would’ve done: spend more time with you, told you how much I love you, told you how important you are to me. I think of everything you said to me trying to decipher any hiding messages, any clue that could have prevented your death from happening. No matter how much I try I don’t find a single one. How could you have known that these people were evil. Someone as sweet as you didn’t deserve the death these animals gave you. These ignorant people try to justify a murderer from what she did. Nothing justifies her or Rudolfo.
    Chris, I remember a conversation in which you told me of your undying faith in God. It makes me feel better on those nights that I lie awake crying because you’re gone. I know God has you in heaven besides him. You were a great boy. Chris, my beautiful baby boy Chris, please forgive me for not showing you how much I love you. Please forgive me for not valuing you more. It’s not that I didn’t love you; it’s more that I never imagine you would be gone. I close my eyes and remember your smile, your laugh, the way you walked…everything. I pray every night for your well being and ask you my angel to visit me in my dreams. You have, you’ve visited me five times since you’ve been gone. I cry afterwards because I miss you. I love you sweet baby, I miss you. My only comforts are knowing you are with God and that if I am good like you were We will meet again. Sleep for now my beautiful guardian angel, pay no attention to these jerks who will try to dirty your name in order to justify themselves. Sleep Chris and come and hang out with me in my dreams.

14. Annonymus
    December 10, 2012 at 11:55 am

Christian, baby! (:
    I miss you.Not a day goes by that I don’t think of you and I know that you are fine. I would like to thank you for being a great person: you were kind, friendly,funny, AAAmazing. You were always there for me and I know that you still are. When i’m at my low points I pray and I know that you’re with me. Thank you chris.
    Knowing that I was lucky enogh to meet you and be in pressence of your love and tenderness makes me happy. These people know not of what they are talking about. Forgive them. They don’t know how their critizism affects your name. But, it doesn’t. People like me, who’ve been blessed with meeting you know that you weren’t capable of such things they accuse you of.

15. Malhi's X-Employee
    December 5, 2012 at 1:14 am

FYI..At this very moment rose is pregnant..and being supported by your hard earned tax dollars..and lets not forget she was 17 when she got that means drifter was having sex with a minor…a home that’s a big no why isn’t this being said…..

• Anonymos
      December 5, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Oh yes, and that she was only 17 when this crime occurred, after having run away from the foster home, ( which she was placed in after being molested by her step father) and that she was basically forced to be involved because she was told that Christian had done something similar to a 12 year old little girl (which was of course a lie. He wouldn’t ever hurt anyone) and that if she did this, I was promised that her step father would be dealt with. I honestly think she is just as much of a victim as Christian. A failure on the part of our wonderful DCFS, law enforcement, and manipulated by an evil, heartless woman who was the one calling all of the shots…….

• pathethic
        December 11, 2012 at 11:20 am

A victim? Of what?
        Please do explain. ‘Cause she’s showed/shown no remorse of what she has done! trust me i know. Christian was a victim.
        Haven’t you’ve read?
        Look at the picture above you. look at his socks? they are covered with blood. Look at where they left him at, their plans of where he would die at, it’s in the middle of nowhere. Read the descriptions the cops and that good samaritan gave ” he was shot in the head and was covered in his own blood.” It not only hurts that they would do that to him, but they left him in the middle of nowhere like a dog, stranded with no aid.

Where does rosie even come into being at least a victim in this?

It was lying in wait murder! do you know what that is? It means that this was plan for a while they were just waiting for the right time.

Victim of what? being abused by her step-father? woow.
        Chris doing that to a girl? Christian wouldn’t do that because he loved kids, he was a kid.That seems like a personal problem she had to deal with her STEP-FATHER not an innocent man! NO matter of what they accuse him of!Rosie is not a victim. It doesn’t matter what has happened to her, all that really matters is that she took a gun and shot this poor guy. Haven’t you heard the report the hospital gave. Chris had suffered with blunt injuries to the head, being that they were beating him with something very strong and powerful!

just Imagine of this would of happened to you!
        Being kidnapped, being beaten, taken out to the desert and shot and left there to die! Only that you didn’t die you were alive and you could feel your body aching hurting!!

I, at times, haved hoped that chris would of died on the spot. So then he wouldn’t have felt all that he felt. I think it might of been more comforting for the family instead of that agonizing pain they felt at the hospital.

My condolenses to the family. May god bless you. And I will pray for you!

• Devastated soul
      December 6, 2012 at 12:46 pm

NOTHING and I mean NOTHING justifies that monster from killing Chris! A victim?! How?! SHE got th gun! She held her own that day. She beat a man! She shot him! She left him deserted in the desert to die. She helped burn the car. Tell me, HOW IS SHE A VICTIM?! And she’s pregnant? Doesn’t surprise me. I went to school with her and she messed around with EVERY guy who looked her way! Innocent?! Ha! I swear I want to kill her. I hate her. Chris raping a 12 year old?! Give me a break that is ludicrous! I hope her baby rips her a new buthole. She’s a monster. I pity her child. He/she doesn’t deserve a slut and killer for a mom!

16. Rosie hater
    December 2, 2012 at 9:54 am

Rosie, I hate you more than you will ever know. How could you have killed Chris?! What did you get out if it? Did you even know him? He was such a nice guy. There isn’t a single day that I don’t miss him and his presence. What did you gain from taking his life? You’re in jail and your stepfather is still out and about. He isn’t dead like Huera promised. Why do you think Psycho and Huera are still out and you and difter are in? You destroyed my life by taking Chris. I miss him I love him. The only comfort I find is knowing that Chris is in heaven. That soul and heart are with The Lord. He was such a good guy and great with kids. He was a kid at heart. What lies will you tell people to justify his death? That he hurt someone? Impossible! That he wanted to date someone? Unlikely. That he did drugs or owed drug money? Lies. Chris was unlike any other human. How could you? I hate you more so than Drifter because you can’t expect more from a piece of garbage like him but you? So young and a girl? How cold can your heart be? I hope your conscious eats you alive. I hope you have a hard life. I hate you and if we ever cross paths I will give you what you deserve

• Anonymos
      December 3, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Seems to me that the cops need to look into this Huera person and the person called “psycho”. From what you’re saying, they are involved as well.

17. Concern person
    November 16, 2012 at 1:38 pm

I know Rosie and Drifter. They are both evil-the worst people on earth. Neither is remorseful about this murder. I. Fact, they’re both proud of taking down a big and strong man like Chris. Rosie is a young short girl but not not let her appearance fool you; she’s evil. She bragged about this murder. She held her own that day. Drifter is just another thug. Rosie is the one who held he gun. She’s a mean woman. Chris, who I also met was a sweet and nice guy. He had the heart of child. He did not deserve the death rosie and difter gave him. I have no doubt that Chris is in heaven-he was the sweetest man I’ve ever met. Rosie and difter deserve the death penalty. They are the people you fear; they’re the definition of your worst nightmare. They will burn in hell. Their hearts are filled with nothing more than hate, evil and malice.

• Amerie
      November 18, 2012 at 5:33 pm

Please lock up these criminals for the rest of their lives.

18. Geraldine
    November 16, 2012 at 11:22 am

Post the mugshots so the community can see the faces of these monsters!

• Tori
      November 16, 2012 at 11:24 am

Yes; post the mugshots so we can see who was capable of this monstrosity!

• Bruce
      November 16, 2012 at 11:26 am

Show the community that faces of the people who had so much evil and malice withi them to hurt an innocent young man

• Sarai
      November 16, 2012 at 11:28 am

Amen to that. Show the mugshots

• Hazel
      November 16, 2012 at 11:31 am

It’s public records show the mugshots of Rosie and Rudolfo aka demonic muderers

• Sally
      November 16, 2012 at 11:33 am

We as a community have a right to see who has terrorized our citizens. Show the mugshots!

19. Vicki
    November 16, 2012 at 11:19 am

I have been following this case for month. Please keep us updated and hopefully we will get news of a guilty conviction soon. My prayers for the Bojorquez family.

• Krista
      November 18, 2012 at 5:43 pm

God help this family in their time of need

20. Rv Parris
    November 16, 2012 at 8:15 am

May God grant the family strength to go through this devastating time, patience to endure the long judicial process and wisdom to know what to do. My prayers go out to this young man and his family

21. Julie
    November 15, 2012 at 3:59 pm

Just feel terrible for the trauma this YOUNG man was put through..I can’t imagine how scared he was at the time of the carjacking, driving out to desolation and being shot…I feel for him and his family, just awful…could have been any one of our children. And yes, no bail!

• Edison
      November 16, 2012 at 8:05 am

This poor victim went through a lot and his family is going through a lot. These people have caused a lot of pain to the family. Regardless of the punishment these people have destroyed a family and that is unforgivable. Let them rot in prison

• Awakened
      November 18, 2012 at 5:46 pm

Hope they rot in prison

22. Alice
    November 15, 2012 at 2:20 pm

I wager that they will keep postponing for as long as they can. This is a case of how the justice system is failing us. I’m sorry for the family who has to endure this process.

• Zack
      November 15, 2012 at 2:26 pm

2 million dollars bail? They should have no bail. They will skip out on bail the minute they hit the street. They should lock them up and throw away the keys!

• Dominique
        November 15, 2012 at 2:30 pm

What makes you think they can afford it? Probably broke gangster thugs terrorizing our community and picking on innocent bystanders. They could’ve carjacked any one of us. These terrorists deserve to burn in hell. My prayers for the family.

• Matt Gomez
          November 15, 2012 at 2:35 pm

It’s crazy how young these gangsters are. She’s 18 and facing the death penalty. Shame on those leeches that prey on the young and turn them into monsters. I fear what the world is coming to.

23. Marissa
    November 15, 2012 at 11:54 am

This process is going to take a long time. My condolences go out to the family

24. Gaby
    November 15, 2012 at 11:13 am

I hope they post where these criminals live so we can avoid them! These people are monsters! Keep them in jail not on our streets!

• Kate
      November 15, 2012 at 11:14 am

Amen. They are a danger to our community

• Will
      November 15, 2012 at 11:15 am

Innocent until proven guilty

• Andrew
        November 15, 2012 at 11:18 am

Are we supposed to risk it? The district attorney must have overwhelming evidence. Why risk them running away or killing other innocent people? It should be guilty until proven innocent.

• Zooey
        November 15, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Shoot them on the head and leave them in the desert to die. I think that would be justice served

25. Eric
    November 15, 2012 at 11:06 am

I wonder if the sky eagle would’ve prevented this crime from happening

• Mr Hodge
      November 15, 2012 at 11:10 am

The eye wouldn’t have done much.

26. Melina
    November 15, 2012 at 11:05 am

How much money are we going to waste on these criminals? Why do we foot the bill for murderers? They should all be left out to die

• Danielle
      November 15, 2012 at 11:52 am

These criminals have a better life than most of us. Free medical/dental, three hot meals, gym, library, roof over their heads….we pay for this! The justice system better change!

• Liberty
        November 15, 2012 at 2:04 pm

They live better than my grandma in her retirement home! Appalling!

• mstra
          November 15, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Dont forget the state provides them a legal library so they can sue us. Then when their cases make it in the court system corrupt attorneys get appointed. Then a liberal judge forces the state to pay some of the attorneys $800 an hours. Everyone should look into how much the prison medical receivers office has spent of your money. It is billions. Attorneys and federal judges are corrupt. Sure they enjoy nice cocktail parties together after hours and laugh at the poor tax payers without a thought of how the v victims feel.

27. Christina
    November 15, 2012 at 11:01 am

I hope they get sentenced for life

• Palmdale_Steve
      November 15, 2012 at 5:10 pm

“Life” seldom means life without parole unfortunately.

DA will use the Death Penalty as a way to get a guilty plea and 25 to Life with parole after some amount of time greater than 10 years.

• Gretta
        November 16, 2012 at 8:10 am

There has to be a way to lock these criminals for life. They will torment our community given half the chance. They have no respect for human life. Shameful