Attempted home burglary caught on tape

PALMDALE – Do you recognize the man in these surveillance photos? If so, Palmdale detectives would like to hear from you.

Around 5 p.m. on June 30, the allegedly thief, and his accomplice, attempted to break into a home reportedly in the 39900 Block of Penina Way.

After getting through the back gate, the thieves were unable to get into the house, so they left empty handed, according to Palmdale Station Lt. Cory Kennedy.

The men’s images were captured by the homeowner’s surveillance system, and the video was turned over the authorities.

The images, which are time stamped between 5:07 and 5:11 p.m., June 30, show the men walking up to the home, standing at the door step, and fiddling with an iron gate.

One of the men is wearing latex gloves and looks directly at the camera while trying to cover his face.

Detectives are still trying to determine if the suspects hit any other houses on the day in question, Kennedy said.

Anyone recognizing the suspects in these photos is asked to contact Lt. Kennedy at the Palmdale Station at at 661-272-2400.

Individuals can also provide information anonymously through “Crime Stoppers” by dialing 800-222-TIPS (8477), texting the letters TIPLA plus your tip to CRIMES (274637), or using the website

32 comments for “Attempted home burglary caught on tape

1. Melitta
    July 12, 2012 at 10:43 am

That is a great video. I’m gonna save all my money and get me one of them.The system probably cost them what the clowns would have gotten had they gotten in.

• Adam Chant
      July 12, 2012 at 12:40 pm

If anyone is serious about getting a video surveillance system for their home or business don’t be fooled by the systems available through local big box stores or even security systems retailers.
      If you want a system that can record high resolution images that can be used to positively identify a suspect to be used in a court of law you need specialized hardware.
      I’m not bad mouthing any companies or trying to promote one either. I just work in instrumentation test and have used a lot of cameras for observing tests. Prices have come down as technology has increased, but as a general rule anything less than 720 lines of resolution is wasting your time.

2. concerned black guy
    July 10, 2012 at 10:58 pm

Let me catch that big Ass nose in my neighborhood and I will be the german shepherd

• laughing my a$$ off!
      July 10, 2012 at 11:07 pm

LOL!!!!!! Great comment Concerned Black Guy!

3. Donna
    July 10, 2012 at 7:41 pm

The idea of a dog biting them is great, except then they would sue the home owner .. and some stupid jury would probably award them $100,000!!

• really
      July 10, 2012 at 8:29 pm

I get the sentiment but I would rather worry about getting sued than worry about someone breaking into my home. There should be a law that states if somone is on your property attempting to break in you have the right to shoot them dead period. To place the burden of justification on the homeowner is ridiculous. It should be a commonly held belief that someone attempting to enter someone elses home forcibly is there to do the residents harm.

• ..
        July 10, 2012 at 9:10 pm

Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to shoot someone if they actually force their way into my house.

4. sikntired
    July 10, 2012 at 6:34 pm

Pretty stupid, hope his P.O.sees this ; those bow legs should be easy to spot.Maybe he is an out of work ranch hand…and what is on his butt, are those Sergio Valenti jeans?

• sacryinshame
      July 11, 2012 at 5:55 pm

If LaNiel Wilson wasn’t in jail, I say it looks like him.

5. sacryinshame
    July 10, 2012 at 5:41 pm

Great photos. Lucky homeowner. Thanks to AV Times for posting, not only the stories, the pictures. It drives me crazy to watch the sugar coated Time Warner News. Between the Car Coach and the Wall Street segments that nobody ares about, the lack of actual news reporting is bizarre.

6. Quartz Hill Resident
    July 10, 2012 at 5:03 pm

KUDOS TO AV TIMES! Hope these thugs are caught!

7. July 10, 2012 at 3:28 pm

Snoop Dogg?

• Observer
      July 10, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Would you be making a joke out of it if it were your house, Mr. Thomas????? Doubt it!

• July 11, 2012 at 7:22 am

• July 11, 2012 at 7:49 am

When I was stabbed by a white supremist in 2004, for no other reason than the color of my skin,I wrote the joke. “My friends said that I shouldn’t let some racists stop me from going out to have a good time. I agreed and said that from now on I’m going out as an Eskimo. You never here about Eskimo racial violence”.

• sacryinshame
          July 11, 2012 at 5:53 pm

That’s funny. I know someone who says “this year, I’m black”. Last year, when his boss was white, he said, “this year, I’m a tall white guy”.

• Concered
      July 11, 2012 at 8:21 am

I would comment too…..let the brother break in here…..have a 9mm waiting for him.

8. Observer
    July 10, 2012 at 3:18 pm

I applaud the AV Times for publishing these types of articles, as painful as they may be for us to read. I am glad that the home was not broken into! I wish more people were able to avoid a surveillance system such as this one. I do believe it played a role in deterring this particular scenario.

• Observer
      July 10, 2012 at 3:28 pm

Should have said “AFFORD” after “able to”…

9. DBxx
    July 10, 2012 at 2:51 pm

Does it suprise anyone that their black males again >=\ ??

• ryenisha jackson
      July 10, 2012 at 2:58 pm

LOL ohh this is not his fault.. its because there are no jobs in the av.. he really is a hard working man… he is not to blame lolololol

• sacryinshame
      July 10, 2012 at 6:37 pm

Gee, didn’t notice that. Pictures don’t lie and are not considered racist. Why are you making this about black people again? This is a news story about a attempted home burglary and would have been just that, no matter what color these guys were.
      I like the idea that AV Times is posting pictures. Other people may have seen these guys walking away from their house or walking away from a parked car. Maybe they stopped for food after the attempt to break into this house. Someone will recognize them.

10. David G
    July 10, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Buy guns and big dogs, haha maybe he through his ball over the gate on accident. if they didnt go in tech. its not a burglary if anything it should be call attempted tresspassing hahaha ;)

• really
      July 10, 2012 at 6:22 pm

No, Its called attempted burglary. They dont get a pass for being idiots who cant even get into a house!

11. Richard
    July 10, 2012 at 1:57 pm

The only thing that would have made this a story with a happy ending would be a huge German Shepherd tearing them apart after the losers got into the back yard. Now that would have been entertaining video!!!

12. is anyone surprised?
    July 10, 2012 at 1:08 pm

the AV keeps getting more and more scary to live in… due to so many of this kind of pond scum, low lifes that inflict themselves among us..go back to compton!

• ryenisha jackson
      July 10, 2012 at 2:51 pm

two thumbs up

• Alex
      July 10, 2012 at 9:42 pm

I think we need the community to pitch in and offer rewards to snitches who turn in these guys. 100,000 for murder, 50,000 for rape or grievous bodily harm, 25,000 for armed robbery/carjacking/assault, 10,000 for burglary and grand theft, 5,000 for most other crimes. I guarantee in a week every body that’s been causing problems would be rounded up.

• ryenisha jackson
        July 11, 2012 at 2:23 am

the city cant afford it because they are to busy shelling out money to put more police to catch the ohh give the man who just robbed you of everything a chance if tyrone had a job he wouldnt be braking in your house. but I guess wefare and section 8 isnt enough…

• sacryinshame
          July 11, 2012 at 5:48 pm

These guys have probably never had a real job or filed taxes.
          People who rob houses are not doing it because times are hard, they are doing it to steal your stuff and sell it for cash.
          Gangs, drugs and home burglary are popular with 1st time offenders as well as repeat offenders.

• sacryinshame
        July 11, 2012 at 5:49 pm

Alex, have you ever tried to report someone for committing fraud or some other crime? Nobody wants to know.

• Alex