LANCASTER – The City of Lancaster has announced its entertainment schedule for the second annual Magical BLVD Christmas event, which takes place from 5 to 9 p.m., Saturday, on The BLVD, between Beech and Gadsden Avenue.
“This event is truly a blast,” said Mayor R. Rex Parris, in a press release issued Thursday. “We’ll have activities for the children to enjoy, entertainment for the whole family, and the festive holiday atmosphere just pervades the whole downtown. It’s an amazing experience.”
The entertainment schedule for the evening is as follows:
- “Frank Sinatra” performance– 5pm
- Rockettes/Dancing Santa’s/Double Date– 5:15/ 6:30/ 8:30pm
- Lee Matalon Jazz/Christmas Combo– 6/ 7:45pm
- Charles Dickens Carolers– 7:15pm
- Marionetta- 5:15/ 6:30/ 7:45/ 8:45pm
- Barry Marine– 5:30/ 7pm
- Quartz Hill High School Choir– 6pm
- Charles Dickens Carolers– 8:15pm
- Christmas Reading- 5:15/8pm
- “Shrek the Halls” Movie– 5:30/ 6:30/ 7:30pm
- Charles Dickens Carolers– 6pm
- Quartz Hill High School Choir– 7pm
- Cedar Street Theatre: A Little Night Music/Carols– 8:30pm
- Charles Dickens Carolers– 5pm
- Cedar Street Theatre: A Little Night Music/Carols – 6pm
- AV Children’s Choir– 7:30pm
- Quartz Hill High School Choir– 8pm
In addition to entertainment, families can also participate in a number of holiday activities, including: riding on the holiday train; Santa’s Village, featuring children’s arts and crafts; a holiday mural, and numerous photo opportunities with Santa, Mrs. Claus and other Christmas scenes.
There will also be Cristkindlmart holiday market (an open-air shopping experience modeled after the German traditional holiday market) featuring Christmas crafts, holiday treats and handmade items; a “Holidays Around the World” exhibit; a live ice sculpting demonstration, and live reindeer.
“Since last year’s transformation project, The BLVD has grown rapidly and new shops are being added all over. It’s a great location for Christmas shopping,” said Mayor Parris. “I encourage everyone to come early to shop, and enjoy a bite to eat at one of our local restaurants. Plus, when you come early, you get the best parking.”
(Information via press release from the City of Lancaster.)