The deadline is coming up for local small businesses to apply for the Los Angeles Conservancy’s Legacy Business Grant Program, which will award ten $5,000 grants to eligible small businesses.
Funded through Wells Fargo, the grant program is open to:
- Business operating and located within the boundaries of Los Angeles County.
- Businesses that have operated and contributed to their community’s history and/or identity for 20 or more years .
- Businesses not franchised or affiliated with a national, corporate chain .
- For-profit businesses with less than 25 full-time employees .
There will be two rounds of funding. Applicants in the first round must apply by 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 7, to be considered. The application cycle for the second round of funding opens Feb. 8, 2023, and applicants must apply by Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 11:59 p.m.
Grant funds may be used for:
- Employee retention bonuses
- Rent, utilities, and insurance
- Payment of outstanding business expenses
- Adaptive business practices needed to operate the business
- Business equipment
- Building improvements
Grant funds may not be used for work completed before the receipt of the grant.
For more information on this grant program, visit https://www.laconservancy.org/legacy-business-grant-program or email M. Rosalind Sagara and firstname.lastname@example.org.
[Information via the office of Los Angeles County Supervisor Kathryn Barger.]
Leave a Reply