PALMDALE – Forty nonprofit organizations will be selling fireworks at various locations throughout Palmdale starting Friday, June 28, city officials announced.
Fireworks will be sold during the following dates and times:
- Friday, June 28 – 12 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Saturday, June 29, to Thursday, July 4 – 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Friday, July 5 – 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
The Palmdale City Council at its June 4 meeting approved issuing permits for 40 nonprofit organizations to sell “Safe and Sane” fireworks. Only nonprofit organizations that have headquarters in Palmdale, or have more than 50 percent of their membership residing in Palmdale and have a minimum of 20 members, are eligible to apply for fireworks booths. Only one booth is allowed per organization.
The number of booths allowed is calculated at one booth per every 3,000 residents. Based upon current population estimates, a maximum of 52 booths would be allowed to be established in 2019, of which 40 have been filled by qualifying organizations.
Organizations’ booths must pass an inspection by the Los Angeles County Fire Department before the city’s Code Enforcement Division will issue a fireworks permit. Fireworks may be purchased by those who are 16 or older in the city of Palmdale. Proof of age may be requested for purchase.
Nonprofit organizations approved to sell fireworks include:
- Active Shows, Inc. –41520 10th Street West, by Birdies.
- Adorable Baby’s Jump Start – 1301 West Rancho Vista Boulevard (across from 24 Hour Fitness).
- American Indian Little League – 39626 10th Street West (east side of 10thStreet West, south of Applebee’s, west of Ashley’s Furniture).
- American Legion Post #348 – 39445 10th Street West (west side of 10th Street West between Panera Bread and Rubio’s)
- Antelope Valley Desert Divers, Inc. – 5038 West Avenue N (south side of Avenue N, west side of Smart & Final parking lot).
- Antelope Valley Resource Families Association – 38118 47th Street East and East Avenue R.
- Antelope Valley Youth Athletics, Inc. – 1123 West Rancho Vista Boulevard (mall entrance at 10th Street West).
- Bet-El Casa De Dios – 39700 30th Street West (Marie Kerr Park north side of parking lot off of 30th Street West).
- Cornerstone Apostolic Church of Antelope Valley – 3027 West Rancho Vista Boulevard (north side of Rancho Vista Boulevard, west of 30thStreet West in Vons parking lot).
- Crosswind Community Church – 41337 10th Street West (parking lot along the west side of 10th Street West, north of Avenue M-14).
- DDE Academy, Inc. – 37716 55th Street East (south side of Avenue R, east side of 55thStreet East at Domenic Massari Park).
- Great Commission Community Solutions – Northwest corner of Rancho Vista Boulevard and West Avenue O-8 in dirt lot.
- Highland High School Instrumental Music Booster Club – 2535 East Avenue S (parking lot on the north side of Avenue S, east of 25th Street East between Carl’s Jr. and Taco Bell).
- Iglesia Emmanuel Antelope Valley – 2419 E. Avenue S (west side of 25th Street East, north of Avenue S in Food 4 Less parking lot).
- Kiwanis Club of Palmdale – 1803 E. Palmdale Boulevard (north side of Palmdale Boulevard, west of 20th Street East in Vallarta parking lot).
- Knight High School Wrestling Team Booster Club – Yellen Park 5100 east Avenue S.
- LACOSEPA – 440 East Palmdale Boulevard.
- Littlerock High School Band Boosters – 4644 East Avenue S (south side of Avenue S, west of 47th Street East.
- Living In Christ Faith Ministries – 38118 47th Street East (east side of 47th Street East, north of Avenue S in Stater Bros. parking lot).
- Love and Grace Christian Fellowship – South of Rancho Vista Boulevard, west side of Sierra Highway.
- Marine Corps League, Antelope Valley Detachment 930 – 3005 East Palmdale Boulevard (parking lot at northeast corner of Palmdale Boulevard and 30th Street East).
- Next Dimension Ministries Church – South east corner of Sierra Hwy and Avenue S.
- Nueva Vida En Cristo Antelope Valley – 3030 East Avenue R8.
- Palmdale Band Booster Club – 2137 East Avenue R (north side of East Avenue R in the Palmdale High School parking lot.
- Palmdale Chamber of Commerce – 40130 10th Street West (east side of 10thStreet West, south of Avenue O-4 in parking lot).
- Palmdale Elks Lodge #2027 – 37951 47th Street East (west side of 47thStreet East, south of Avenue R in Tom’s #27 parking lot).
- Palmdale High School Football Boosters – 38310 20th Street East (Palmdale High School parking lot along 20th Street East).
- Palmdale Lions Club – 1215 East Palmdale Boulevard (parking lot along the north side of Palmdale Boulevard, east of 12th Street East).
- Palmdale Little League – 38137 47th Street East (west side of 47thStreet East, north of Avenue R, and east of Bank of America).
- Palmdale Repertory Theatre – 37140 47th Street East (south side of Avenue S, east of 47th Street East in Wal-Mart parking lot).
- Palmdale Thunder Soccer Club– 2534 East Avenue S.
- St. Mary’s Catholic Church – 4343 Pearblossom Highway (dirt lot north side of Pearblossom Highway, east side of 45th Street East).
- St. Stephen’s of the Valley Lutheran Church – 38727 Tierra Subida Avenue (west side of 10th Street West approximately 285 feet south of Palmdale Boulevard in Albertson’s parking lot).
- The Palmdale Aerospace Academy – 39940 10th Street West (east side of 10thStreet West, south of West Avenue O-8, east of Panda Express).
- The Palmdale Aerospace Academy PTSO – 3875 West Rancho Vista Boulevard.
- Victory Outreach – 37419 25th Street East (west side of 25thStreet East, north of Avenue R-12 in the parking lot).
- Water of Life of Antelope Valley, Inc. – 39522 10th Street West (South side of Rancho Vista Boulevard between Edible Arrangements and The Habit).
- Word of Life Outreach Ministries, Inc. – 5645 East Avenue T (north side of East Avenue T, west of Fort Tejon Road.
- World Harvest Christian Outreach – 200 West Palmdale Boulevard (south side of Palmdale Boulevard in front of Red Roof Inn.
Palmdale is the only municipality in the Antelope Valley in which “Safe and Sane” fireworks may be legally sold and discharged on private property. However, the Anaverde housing community, all areas south of the California Aqueduct, and locations in the Rancho Vista area are “no fireworks zones” and may not use any fireworks at all since they are in high risk fire areas.
The “no fireworks zone” is generally described as the area within the city of Palmdale which lies along the following lines: beginning at the intersection of Rancho Vista Boulevard and 30th Street West, areas south and west of Rancho Vista Boulevard, north to Avenue N-8; south and west of Avenue N-8, from Rancho Vista Boulevard to 55th Street West; west of 55th Street West; and south from 55th Street West to 60th Street West (Godde Hill Road).
“We’ve developed an interactive map on our website, www.cityofpalmdale.org, that allows residents to enter their address so they can see if they live in a ‘no fireworks zone’ area where ‘Safe and Sane’ fireworks are not allowed,” said Palmdale’s Communications Manager John Mlynar.
Residents may also contact Palmdale’s Neighborhood Services Department at 661-267-5181 for assistance on no fireworks zones.
Palmdale city officials are warning residents against illegal fireworks, and administrative fines starting at $2,500 will be in effect. For more information, call 661-267-5126.