PALMDALE – Three people were arrested for driving under the influence and 19 drivers were arrested for other violations at a DUI/ driver’s license checkpoint in Palmdale this past weekend, authorities said.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department’s Traffic Services Detail conducted the checkpoint from 6 p.m. Friday, Sept. 22, to 2 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 23, at 10th Street West and Technology Drive in Palmdale, according to a news release from the Sheriff’s Information Bureau.
The results of the checkpoint are as follows:
- 1304 vehicles were screened at the checkpoint.
- One driver was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol.
- One driver was arrested for driving under the influence of marijuana.
- One driver was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol/marijuana.
- 17 drivers were cited/arrested for operating a vehicle unlicensed or while suspended/revoked.
- Two drivers were cited/arrested for operating a vehicle without an ignition interlock device.
- 11 vehicles were released per DUI/CDL checkpoint release procedure.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department will be conducting additional DUI/driver’s license checkpoints and DUI saturation patrols throughout the year as part of an ongoing commitment to lowering deaths and injuries upon streets and highways.
Funding for these operations is provided by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.