PALMDALE – The city of Palmdale and the Housing Rights Center will host a free Fair Housing Workshop for property managers and landlords on Tuesday, Oct. 18, from 9 to 10:30 a.m. at the Palmdale City Council Chamber, located at 38330 Sierra Highway, Suite B.
Presented by Yazmin Guzman of the Housing Rights Center, the topics covered will include:
- Fair housing education through training, awareness and dialogue.
- Landlord responsibilities.
- Mistakes to avoid when protecting your business and personal assets.
- Increasing your awareness of discrimination cases occurring in your area and around the country.
- What is a TSP, and should you have one.
- Commitment to serving all residents in a fair and equal manner.
- Landlord/tenant responsibilities (security deposits, evictions, repairs, etc.).
View a flyer for this event here.
“Property management is tough enough on a daily basis,” stated Palmdale Housing Coordinator Terri-Lei Wheeler. “Don’t let the fear of a discrimination lawsuit weigh you down even further. Empower yourself and your team with information to deliver services without discrimination.”
For more information about the Housing Rights Center or Palmdale’s Neighborhood Services Department, call 661-267-5126.
[Information via news release from the city of Palmdale.]