PALMDALE– One motorist was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of drugs, another was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol, and 15 other motorists were arrested for license violations at a DUI/driver’s license checkpoint conducted in Palmdale this past weekend, authorities said.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department’s Palmdale Station conducted the checkpoint from 6 p.m. Friday, Sept. 23, to 2 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 24, Avenue S and 27th Street East, according to a news release from the Palmdale Sheriff’s Station.
The results of the checkpoint are as follows:
- 1407 vehicles were screened at the checkpoint.
- One DUI-alcohol suspect was arrested.
- One DUI-drug impaired suspect was arrested.
- 15 drivers were cited/arrested for operating a vehicle unlicensed or while suspended/revoked.
- Eight vehicles were released per DUI/CDL checkpoint release procedures.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department will be conducting additional DUI/driver’s license checkpoints and DUI saturation patrols throughout the year as part of an ongoing commitment to lowering deaths and injuries upon streets and highways.
The checkpoint was funded by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.