PALMDALE – More than a dozen drivers were cited for license violations at a DUI/driver’s license checkpoint conducted in Palmdale Friday night and early Saturday morning, authorities said.
The checkpoint was conducted on eastbound Avenue S at 37th Street East between the hours of 6 p.m. Friday, May 20, and 2 a.m. Saturday, May 21, according to a news release from the Sheriff’s Information Bureau.
The results of the checkpoint are as follows:
- 1342 vehicles were screened at the checkpoint.
- 1300 drivers were checked at checkpoint.
- 14 drivers were cited/ arrested for operating a vehicle unlicensed or while suspended/revoked.
- One driver was cited/ arrested for not having an Ignition Interlock Device.
- Six vehicle were released per checkpoint release procedures.
There was one “suspected drunk driver vehicle pursuit,” according to the news release. [The outcome of the pursuit was not stated in the news release]
The checkpoint was funded by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.