PALMDALE – One motorist was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of drugs, and more than a dozen motorists were arrested for license violations at a DUI/driver’s license checkpoint conducted in Palmdale this past weekend, authorities said.
The checkpoint was conducted on 10th Street West at Technology Drive between the hours of 6 p.m. Friday, April 29, and 2 a.m. Saturday, April 30, according to a news release from the Palmdale Sheriff’s Station.
The results of the checkpoint are as follows:
- 1,480 vehicles were screened at the checkpoint.
- 1,480 drivers were checked at the checkpoint.
- One DUI-drug impaired suspect was arrested.
- One suspect was arrested on “other” criminal charges.
- One driver was arrested for not having an ignition interlock device.
- 15 drivers were cited/arrested for operating a vehicle unlicensed or while suspended/revoked.
- Nine vehicles were released per checkpoint release procedures.
The checkpoint was funded by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.