LANCASTER – Eleven students from the Lancaster Classical Conversations homeschool community recently capped months of study by correctly reciting more than 400 facts from a multitude of subjects as part of the national Classical Conversations Memory Master program.
The students, who range in age from 6 to 12, earned their Memory Master awards April 29 after each child spent about four hours recalling facts from several subjects.
The subjects included:
- History – a chronological timeline of 161 events and people,including all 44 United States presidents;
- Geography – identifying on a map 120 locations and geographic features in Africa, Europe, and the Old World;
- Science – the classification of living things and each continent’s highest mountains;
- Latin – noun endings and their singular and plural declensions;
- English – grammar facts, including 53 prepositions, 23 helping verbs, and 12 linking verbs;
- Math – reciting multiplication tables up to the 15’s, common squares and cubes, rudimentary geometry formulas, and unit conversions.
The event took place at Valley View Church of the Nazarene, host of the Classical Conversations Lancaster program.
Classical Conversations is an educational community of homeschooling families from around the world that utilize a three-part approach to learning known as the trivium.
Antelope Valley has campuses in both Lancaster and Palmdale. For more information about Classical Conversations and the programs offered locally, email Nanette_brown30@hotmail.com or visit www.classicalconversations.com. Memory Master is a program that is available to all Classical Conversations participants nationwide.
[Information via news release from Classical Conversations Lancaster.]