LANCASTER – Two motorists were arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol, another was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of drugs, and more than two dozen motorists were cited for license violations at a DUI/driver’s license checkpoint conducted in Lancaster this past weekend, authorities said.
The checkpoint was conducted at Avenue J and Genoa Avenue between the hours of 7 p.m. Friday, April 15, and 1 a.m. Saturday, April 16, according to a news release from the Lancaster Sheriff’s Station.
The results of the checkpoint are as follows:
- 777 vehicles were screened at the checkpoint.
- Two DUI-alcohol suspects were arrested.
- One DUI-drug impaired suspect was arrested.
- One suspect was arrested for illegal drugs (possession/transportation/sales).
- One suspect was arrested on “other” criminal charges.
- 26 drivers were cited for operating a vehicle unlicensed or while suspended/revoked.
The checkpoint was funded by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.