PALMDALE – The California High-Speed Rail Authority (CHSRA) and its resource
partners will host a Small Business Enterprise certification workshop at no cost to
small businesses this Friday, Jan. 22, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., at the University of
Antelope Valley, 808 West Ave. J, Room 40, in Lancaster.
The workshop will provide hands-on technical assistance for on-the-spot online
certification from the California Department of General Services. Information on
Federal 8(a) and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise certifications will also be
Space is limited. Attendees should RSVP by providing a full name, business name, address, and contact number to Southern California Information Officer Rachel Kesting at
Rachel.Kesting@hsr.ca.gov or 213-359-3361. Spanish interpretation will be available.
Interested businesses should bring the following materials to the workshop:
- Applicant/Affiliate Federal Tax Returns for the past three (3) years
- Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) (if applicable)
- Secretary of State Number (if applicable)
- Home address of Officers, Member/Manager and Partners
- Social Security Number (if sole proprietor)
- Dunn & Bradstreet Number (if applicable)
- Contractors State License Board Number (if applicable)
Computers will be provided for on-the-spot certification, or applicants may use their own laptop.
The CHSRA’s resource partners include the California Department of General Services, U.S. Small Business Administration, and California Department of Transportation.
For more information, visit www.hsr.ca.gov.
[Information via news release from the city of Palmdale.]