The Property Management/ Landlord Workshop will be held from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Chimbole Cultural Center, located at 38350 Sierra Highway in Palmdale. Light refreshments will be provided.
Presented by Marisole Azarete of the Housing Rights Center and attorney Jonathan Trevillyan, the topics covered will include:
- Fair housing education through training, awareness and dialogue;
- Landlord responsibilities;
- Mistakes to avoid when protecting your business and personal assets;
- Increasing your awareness of discrimination cases occurring in your area and around the country;
- What is a TSP, and should you have one;
- Commitment to serving all residents in a fair and equal manner;
- Landlord/tenant responsibilities (security deposits, evictions, repairs, etc.); and
- Resident rights groups vs. landlord shakedown.
“Property management is tough enough on a daily basis,” stated Palmdale Housing Coordinator Terri-Lei Wheeler. “Don’t let the fear of a discrimination or uninhabitable lawsuit weigh you down even further. Empower yourself and your team with information to deliver great services without discrimination or health complaints.”
For more information about Palmdale’s Housing Programs and its Neighborhood Services Department, call 661-267-5126.