PALMDALE – One motorist was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol, and 12 unlicensed drivers were arrested at a DUI/driver’s license checkpoint conducted in Palmdale this past weekend, authorities said.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department’s Palmdale Station conducted the checkpoint from 6 p.m. Friday, Sept. 11, to 2 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 12, on Avenue S, east of 37th Street East, according to Deputy Brent Bunch.
The results of the checkpoint are as follows:
- 1446 vehicles traveled through the checkpoint.
- 1446 drivers were checked at the checkpoint.
- One DUI-alcohol suspect was arrested.
- 12 unlicensed drivers were arrested and sent to court.
- One vehicle was stored for one day.
- Nine vehicles were released per checkpoint release procedures.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department will be conducting additional DUI/driver’s license checkpoints and DUI saturation patrols throughout the year as part of an ongoing commitment to lowering deaths and injuries upon streets and highways.
Funding for these operations is provided by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.