PALMDALE – More than a dozen people were arrested at a DUI/driver’s license checkpoint in Palmdale on June 26, authorities said.
The checkpoint took place on Palmdale Boulevard, west of 17th Street East, from 6 p.m. Friday, June, 26, to 2 a.m. Saturday, June 27, according to Deputy Brent Bunch of the Palmdale Sheriff’s Station.
According to Bunch, the results of the checkpoint are as follows:
- 1179 vehicles traveled through the checkpoint.
- 1179 drivers were checked at the checkpoint.
- One DUI – drug suspect was arrested.
- One DUI – alcohol suspect was arrested.
- Nine unlicensed drivers were arrested and sent to court.
- Three vehicles were stored for one day.
- Eight vehicles were released per checkpoint release procedures.
- Two drivers were arrested for disobeying a lawful order by a uniformed peace officer.
- One passenger was arrested for obstructing a uniformed officer in the lawful discharge of duties.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department will be conducting additional DUI/driver’s license checkpoints and DUI saturation patrols throughout the year as part of an ongoing commitment to lowering deaths and injuries upon streets and highways.
Funding for these operations is provided by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.