PALMDALE – Three people were arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol and one person was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of marijuana during a DUI/driver’s license checkpoint in Palmdale Friday night and early Saturday morning, authorities said.
The checkpoint was conducted on 10th street west, south of Technology Drive, between the hours of 6 p.m. and 2 a.m., according to Detective Brent Bunch of the Palmdale Sheriff’s Station.
The results of the checkpoint are as follows:
- 1277 vehicles traveled through the checkpoint.
- 1277 drivers were checked at the checkpoint.
- One DUI – drug (marijuana) suspect was arrested.
- Three DUI – alcohol suspects were arrested.
- Four unlicensed drivers were arrested and sent to court.
- Four vehicles were released per checkpoint release procedures.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department will be conducting additional DUI/driver’s license checkpoints and DUI Saturation Patrols throughout the year as part of its commitment to lowering deaths and injuries on streets and highways.
Funding for these operations is provided by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.