PALMDALE – The South Valley WorkSource Center will host a special job recruitment Tuesday, April 28, for Altech Services, Inc., on behalf of rail car manufacturer Kinkisharyo International, LLC for the final assembly of rail cars in Palmdale for their customer, LA Metro.
Recruitment will be held from 9 to 10 a.m. for veterans and from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for the general public at the WorkSource Center, located at 38510 Sierra Highway in Palmdale.
Positions being recruited are:
- Supervisor of Car Shell Assembly Shop
- Manufacturing Engineer (General)
- Manufacturing Engineer (Welding)
- Manufacturing Engineer (Painting)
- Assistant Supervisor (Car shell component)
- Assistant Supervisor(Car shell assembly)
- Assistant Supervisor (Painting)
- Production Lead (Underframe, Cab)
- Production Lead (Side frame, Roof, End)
- Production Lead (Car shell assembly)
- Production Lead (Straightening)
- Production Lead (Painting)
- Quality Lead (Inspection)
Qualified applicants should possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- 7 to 10 years related experience, preferably in manufacturing rail cars or aircraft.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Good organizations skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications.
- Able to address difficult human resource issues professionally, efficiently and effectively.
- Interested parties should bring copies of a relevant resume and come dressed for success.
For more information, call the South Valley WorkSource Center at 661-265-7421.
[Information via news release from the city of Palmdale.]