PALMDALE – One person was arrested for allegedly driving under the influence of alcohol and 13 unlicensed drivers were arrested at a DUI/ driver’s license checkpoint in Palmdale Friday night and early Saturday morning, authorities said.
The checkpoint was conducted on Avenue S, east of 37th Street East, between the hours of 6 p.m. April 17 and 2 a.m. April 18.
The results of the checkpoint are as follows:
* 1335 vehicles traveled through the checkpoint.
* 1328 drivers were checked at the checkpoint.
* One DUI – alcohol suspect was arrested.
* 13 unlicensed drivers were arrested and sent to court.
* Nine vehicles were released per checkpoint release procedures.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department will be conducting additional DUI/driver’s license checkpoints and DUI saturation patrols throughout the year as part of an ongoing commitment to lowering deaths and injuries upon streets and highways.
Funding for these operations is provided by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.