PALMDALE – The city of Palmdale’s Legacy Commons for Active Seniors will host a Resource Fair this Tuesday, April 21, from 4 to 6 p.m., at Legacy Commons, 930 East Avenue Q-9 in Palmdale.
Admission is free and there will be raffles and door prizes given away.
“Representatives from organizations that provide assistance and resources to individuals 55 and above will be on hand to answer questions and present information on everything from health and wellness, to housing and transportation, to leisure activities and more,” said Palmdale’s Recreation Coordinator Jennifer Tallakson.
Participating organizations include:
- AARP (Chapter 2195),
- Americana Referral Services,
- Antelope Valley Seniors Network,
- Antelope Valley Transit Authority (AVTA),
- Anthem, Bartz-Altadonna Community Health Center,
- California Department of Veterans Affairs (William J “Pete” Knight Veterans Home of California),
- Center for Health Care Rights,
- Department of Public Social Services,
- First City Credit Union, Humana,
- High Desert Medical Group,
- Home Instead Senior Care,
- HRBC Insurance,
- LA Care,
- Legal Shield,
- Legacy Commons Advisory Board,
- Lincoln Heritage,
- Parkinson’s Support Group of the Antelope Valley,
- Pro Care Hospice,
- Rite Aid Pharmacy,
- Sierra Medical Group,
- STS Property Management,
- United States Postal Inspection Service,
- United Health Care,
- Waste Management,
- W.O.C.N.C Rainbow Entrepreneur, and
- YWCA Senior Services.
Legacy Commons provides adults age 55+ the opportunity to remain young-at-heart with a wide range of drop-in activities in a modern, contemporary center. Adjacent Legacy Park features walking paths and picnic tables, bocce ball courts, horseshoe pits and a croquet lawn. Visitors are invited to pick up a detailed schedule of activities. No membership required.
Legacy Commons is located at 930 East Avenue Q-9 and is open Monday through Thursday, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and Friday, from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. For more information, call Legacy Commons at 661-267-5904.