LANCASTER – The California Highway Patrol’s next local “Start Smart” class is scheduled for 6 p.m. Wednesday, May 21 at the CHP Office in Lancaster, located at 2041 West Avenue I.
Parents and their new teen drivers can sign up for this class by contacting the Antelope Valley Area CHP office at (661) 948-8541. Reserve your spot today, as space is limited.
Start Smart is a free, driver safety education class offered to current and prospective teenage drivers and their parents or guardians.
The interactive, two-hour class covers the following topics:
- Safe driving habits.
- Tips on how to avoid collisions.
- Dynamics of a collision.
- Consequences of a poor choice behind the wheel of a vehicle.
- Testimonies of people tragically impacted by incidents involving teen drivers.
- Parental roles and responsibilities.
- Legal ramifications and civil liabilities affecting teen drivers and their parents.
The overall goal of the program is to reduce the number of people killed and injured on the state’s roadways through education.
The Start Smart program is supported by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety Administration through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
View a brochure for the Start Smart program here.