PALMDALE – No one was arrested for driving under the influence at a Palmdale Sheriff’s Station sobriety and driver’s license checkpoint this past Friday night and early Saturday morning.
The operation was conducted, from 6 p.m. May 16 to 2 a.m. May 17, on 10th Street West at Technology Drive in Palmdale.
The results of the checkpoint are as follows:
* 1265 vehicles traveled through checkpoint.
* 1265 drivers were checked at the checkpoint.
* One suspended / revoked driver was arrested and sent to court.
* Three unlicensed drivers were arrested and sent to court.
* Two vehicles were impounded for 30 days.
* Two vehicles were released per checkpoint release procedures.
The checkpoint was one of many that have been or will be conducted throughout the year in Palmdale. The checkpoint was funded by a grant from the State of California’s Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) through the Business, Transportation and Housing Agency.