LANCASTER – Three drivers were arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol, eight drivers were arrested for suspended or revoked drivers licenses, and nine vehicles were impounded at a DUI/Driver’s License Checkpoint in Lancaster this past weekend, authorities said.
The checkpoint was conducted on Avenue J at Genoa Avenue, from 6 p.m. Friday, May 2 to 2 a.m. Saturday, May 3.
The results of the checkpoint are as follows:
* 995 vehicles driven through the checkpoint.
* 985 drivers checked at the checkpoint.
* Three DUI – alcohol suspects arrested.
* One suspect was arrested for a $75k petty theft warrant and sent to court.
* Eight suspended/revoked drivers were arrested and sent to court.
* Two unlicensed drivers were arrested and sent to court.
* One vehicle was stored for one day.
* Nine vehicles were impounded for 30 days.
* Two vehicles were released per checkpoint release procedures.
Personnel from the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, Lancaster Station conducted the DUI/DL Checkpoint as part of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department commitment to public safety. This checkpoint was one of many that have been or will be conducted throughout the year in Lancaster.-