The annual free landfill day for unincorporated L.A. County residents takes place from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Lancaster Landfill, located at 600 East Avenue F.
“Spring is in the air and this is a great time of the year for residents to start their spring cleaning and take advantage of the annual free landfill day,” said Nicole Stetson, District Manager for Lancaster Landfill and Recycling Center. “We are committed to help keep our local communities clean by offering this free landfill service to our neighbors.”
Residents can bring up to one ton of trash, which includes residential waste, yard waste, construction and demolition debris, and bulky items free of charge.
To help minimize delays, Waste Management requests that visitors to the landfill follow these guidelines:
- Be ready, with valid identification, to show proof of residency to the cashier.
- All loads must be tarped pursuant to California State Law.
- All loads are subject to inspection.
- All contractor and commercial vehicles are subject to applicable rates unless prior arrangements have been made.
- Commercial vehicle and tractor tires are subject to standard gate rate fees.
- Household hazardous waste and commercial waste will not be accepted. Click here for a full list of acceptable and non-acceptable items.
For more information, call 661-947-7197 or visit www.KeepingAVclean.com.
[Information via press release from Waste Management.]