LANCASTER – Are you happily engaged and planning a June wedding? If so, then you may be eligible to win an all-expense paid wedding of your dreams on June 1, 2013 in downtown Lancaster!
The BLVD Association and Antelope Valley Fair on Wednesday announced the first-ever “Wedding on The BLVD” contest, which provides one winning couple with a free wedding for up to 50 guests on The BLVD.
“We have everything covered, literally, from the bridal shower, which is going to be held at MollyKate’s, all the way to honeymoon, which has been donated by Valerie at Bella West Salon,” said Erica Allbee, Vice President of The BLVD Association and owner of All About Fitness gym.
The “Wedding on the BLVD” provides all of the following, at no cost to one happy couple:
- Bridal shower for up to 12 guests at MollyKate’s Gifts and Tea Room.
- Bachelor party at Kinetic Brewing Company.
- Bridal gown from Bella Bridal.
- Bridal gown alterations and preservation by George Cleaners.
- Bridesmaids dresses from Vintage Styles Now.
- Bride’s wedding band from Begue Jewelers.
- Invitations from Bohn’s Printing.
- Six-month membership to All About Fitness for the bride and groom.
- Salon services from Jon Dave Salon, Panache and The Face & Body Place.
- Ceremony on the Bandstand Stage in front of BeX.
- Reception at RoShamBo Lounge.
- Catering for up to 50 guests by Giannini’s Bistro & Grill.
- Wedding cake by Rae’s Cup+Cake Bakeshop.
- Centerpieces by Lamplighter Candles.
- Wedding photography by award-winning Sutton Photography.
- Wedding photo framing by Graphic Experience.
- Entertainment by Renaissance Art Center.
- Honeymoon for three days and two nights at a Ventura beach house, donated by Bella West Spa & Salong.
- And more!
Engaged couples are invited to enter the “Wedding on The BLVD” contest by attending the 9th Annual Bridal Show, which takes place from noon to 5 p.m., Sunday, January 13 at the Antelope Valley Fairgrounds. Simply visit the BLVD Association booth to film a video contest entry and let your personality shine through in the video.
“We want them to be as animated as possible, and if they have a great back story, we want to know that,” said Jill Cooper, President of The BLVD Association and Vice President of Antelope Valley Bank. “We especially want it to go to a couple that’s deserving… people in love!”
Couples must be residents of the Antelope Valley region and age 21 and over to enter the contest. The future bride and groom must both be present to film the contest entry. And staff, members and relatives of The BLVD Association and the Antelope Valley Fair are not eligible to win.
Once the contest entries are complete, a committee from The BLVD Association and the local businesses will narrow the group down to three finalists. VIPs from the local media will pick a winner from the three finalists, and the winning couple will be announced in February.
Once the couple is selected, the fun begins. The bride and groom will select three options they like for a given aspect of their wedding – for example, the bride’s gown. Then the public will be given the opportunity to vote online, at www.theblvdwedding.com, to choose which of those three options will be part of the wedding.
“It’s going to be every aspect of the wedding along the way, the dress, the tuxes, the centerpieces, the food… everything will be voted on by the public,” Allbee said. “So they won’t actually know what aspects of their wedding are going to be until right before the wedding, which is kind of fun.”
The “Wedding on The BLVD” will take place on June 1, 2013.
“This wedding is certain to be an incredible event that will create memories to last a lifetime,” Allbee said.
The event will also highlight the wide selection of first-rate wedding vendors The BLVD has to offer, organizers said.
“BLVD business owners are trying to promote these events that are conceived by us, by the group of 220 businesses on The BLVD in this downtown district,” said business owner Adam Chant, whose store, Vintage Styles Now, will be providing bridesmaids’ dresses. “This is all driven by the thoughts and ideas of The BLVD businesses.”