LANCASTER – A 36-year-old Palmdale man accused of shooting a teenager to death last month made his third court appearance Monday.
Victor Flores did not enter a plea, and his case was postponed again – this time until Dec. 4.
Flores is facing one count of murder and two counts of assault with a deadly weapon in connection with the death of 17-year-old Christopher Flores.
The teenager was found on the ground with multiple gunshot wounds around 9 p.m. on September 24, near his home in the 38100 block of Boxthorn Street in east Palmdale, authorities said.
He was transported to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Sheriff’s detectives said the shooting was the culmination of a “feud between neighbors,” and have released little else about the events that led up to the incident. Stories from neighbors and witnesses differ in ways that are impossible to reconcile, so The AV Times has decided not to publish any versions of the events.
Hours after the shooting, Victor Flores was arrested and booked at the Palmdale Station on $1 million bail. During his first court appearance on September 27, his bail was raised from $1 million to $2.2 million.
After Monday’s court appearance, Victor Flores was ordered back to custody on $2.2 million bail.
He is due in court again at 8:30 a.m., Tuesday, Dec. 4 for arraignment and plea.