LANCASTER – Area first responders will be celebrated as part of the Lancaster JetHawk’s 4th Annual Local Heroes week. This year’s event will be from June 25-July 1 and will showcase the California Department of Corrections, American Medical Response, California Highway Patrol, L.A. County Sheriff’s Department, and L.A. County Fire Department.
Each showcase night coincides with a JetHawks game, and will feature table displays, vehicles, and demonstrations from members of each agency, including ceremonial first pitches, color guards, award presentations, flyovers and more.
The week-long event culminates with the Guns vs. Hoses Charity Softball Tournament and Fallen Heroes Festival.
The schedule of events for Local Heroes Week is as follows:
- Monday, June 25 – Department of Corrections Night
- Tuesday, June 26 – AMR Night
- Wednesday, June 27 – CHP Night
- Thursday, June 28 – Sheriffs Night
- Friday, June 29 – Fire Department Night
- Saturday, June 30 – All Agencies
- Sunday, July 1 – Guns vs Hoses Charity Softball Tournament & Fallen Heroes Festival
The festival will take place on Sunday, July 1 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. It will include a single elimination softball tournament, featuring teams from each agency, live music, free jumpers for the kids and a car show.
Admission to the event is $5, with all ticket proceeds going to the Fallen Heroes Fund of the Antelope Valley.
For more information about Local Heroes Week or to purchase tickets, call 661-726-5400 or visit jethawks.com.