PALMDALE – The Palmdale Sheriff’s Station conducted a DUI Checkpoint from 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. on Friday, March 23. The operation was conducted in the east bound lanes of Avenue S, between the intersections of 37th Street East & 40th Street East.
The results of the DUI Checkpoint are as follows:
- 1,144 vehicles traveled through the checkpoint.
- 1,144 vehicles were screened.
- Five DUI tests were performed.
- One DUI arrest was made.
- Seven vehicles were impounded
- One vehicle was stored.
- Seven drivers were cited for suspended license violations.
- Four unlicensed drivers were cited.
- Six drivers were cited for other violations.
The checkpoint was funded by a grant from the State of California’s Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) through the Business, Transportation and Housing Agency.