PALMDALE – The City of Palmdale’s department of public safety and community relations is offering the following home security burglary prevention tips for residents:
- Never leave doors or windows unlocked when leaving
- Secure all obvious (and not so obvious) points of entry to your home
- Create the illusion that you are home by using timers on lights, radios, and televisions
- Leave your porch light on throughout the night
- Keep all shrubbery near doors and windows trimmed
- Avoid displaying valuable items near windows with open drapes or shades
- Use highly visible alarm signs, ‘beware of dog’ or Neighborhood Watch decals
- Always close and lock garage doors leading from the garage into the home
- Keep extra keys out of sight and in a safe place
- Organize a Neighborhood Watch group to protect your neighborhood
“Burglars will bypass your home if it requires too much effort or more skill and tools than they have,” said Director of Public Safety and Community Relations Anne Ambrose. “These tips will help make your home a hard target for burglars.”
For more information on how to keep your home and family safe, contact 661-267-5170.
(Information via press release from the City of Palmdale.)
2 comments for "City of Palmdale offers burglary prevention tips"
LOL! Except for the crime wave of elected officials inside the council chambers of the City of Lancaster, that is!