LANCASTER – Antelope Valley Fair officials have announced the winners of the People’s Choice Fair Food Competition and the AV Fair Food Competition.
People’s Choice winners
- Favorite Fair food: Round Table Pizza
- Favorite dessert: Kettle Korn
- Favorite non-alcoholic beverage: Texas Twister.
AV Fair Food Competition winners
- Grand prize winner: Hot CHEETOS® Chicken On A Stick (Bishop Concessions)
- Tastiest Fair food: Cowboy Philly (Stuffies)
- Tastiest Fair dessert: Cinnamon Rolls (Old West Cinnamon Rolls)
- Most creative and new food (non-dessert): Hot CHEETOS® Chicken On A Stick
- Best fried food (non-dessert): Dragon Wings (Egg Roll On A Chopstick)
- Tastiest Item on a stick: Candy Apple (Rainbow Concessions)
- Most refreshing drink: Texas Twister Drink (Texas Twister).
The People’s Choice Fair Food winners were selected by attendees throughout the first three days of the Fair. The AV Fair Food Competition winners were selected by a panel of judges that included Patrick and Christine Bonas of Rally Auto Group; Kyle Bozigian of Bozi Enterprises; Brian Chase of High Desert Broadcasting; Mitchell Chase of Charter/Spectrum News; Donna Giddens of the Antelope Valley Press; Belinda Hurtado of High Desert Broadcasting; Josh Mann of Waste Management; Penny Stone of A.V. Florist/AVnice.com; and Anna Zarley of the Lancaster Chamber of Commerce.
Winners were notified at their booths and awarded a rosette to display for the duration of the Fair. The Overall Grand Prize winner received a custom made trophy by Trevor Deal, Asst. Graphic Designer at the A.V. Fair Association.
For all A.V. Fairground’s information, visit www.avfair.com.
For daily updates and promotions, visit the AV Fair’s Facebook page, here.
[Information via news release from the Antelope Valley Fair Association.]