PALMDALE – No one was arrested for driving under the influence, but 21 drivers were arrested for other violations at a DUI/ driver’s license checkpoint in Palmdale this past weekend, authorities said.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department’s Palmdale Station conducted the checkpoint from 6 p.m. Friday, Aug. 18, to 2 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 19, at Avenue S and 37th Street East in Palmdale, according to a news release from the Sheriff’s Information Bureau.
The results of the checkpoint are as follows:
- 1408 vehicles were screened at the checkpoint.
- 18 drivers were cited/arrested for operating a vehicle unlicensed or while suspended/revoked.
- Two drivers were cited/arrested for operating a vehicle without an Ignition Interlock Device.
- One person was cited/arrested for allowing an unlicensed person to operate a motor vehicle.
- 12 vehicles were released per DUI/CDL checkpoint release procedures.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department will be conducting additional DUI/driver’s license checkpoints and DUI saturation patrols throughout the year as part of an ongoing commitment to lowering deaths and injuries upon streets and highways.
Funding for these operations is provided by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.