Pellet gun-wielding vandals wreak havoc in east Lancaster

Thisis just one of the dozens of vehicles that were vandalized in east Lancaster this past weekend by culprits using a pellet gun, authorities said. (Photo by ED FROMMER)

This is just one of the dozens of vehicles that were vandalized in east Lancaster this past weekend by culprits using a pellet gun, authorities said. (Photo by ED FROMMER)

LANCASTER – Windows on cars, trucks, a motor home, and two businesses were shot out and shattered with a pellet gun this past weekend in an east Lancaster vandalism spree.

Lancaster Sheriff’s Station detectives are investigating at least 30 cases of vandalism that occurred between 11 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 22 and 10 a.m., Sunday, Feb. 23.

The majority of the cases happened between Avenues J and K, from about 20th to 30th Street East, according to sheriff’s officials.

Two businesses, one located on the 44700 block of Beech Avenue and the second located on the 44400 block of 20th Street East, also had windows to their buildings shattered.

On one residential street, near Chagal Ave and Emile Zola Street, the windows were blown out of three vehicles.

“It’s gonna cost me at least a $500 deductible to get this squared away,” said Andrew Kovach, who woke up Sunday morning to find the back windshield shattered on his white SUV that was parked in his driveway. “It’s just not right to destroy other people’s stuff.”

“You’re cowards! Doing this to people who are seniors around here, trying to buy their homes, trying to make a decent living,” Felix Esteva said, when asked what he would say to the person who shot out the windows of his silver truck.

No suspect(s) have been identified, and there were no witnesses to the acts of vandalism, officials said.

Anyone with information about these incidents is encouraged to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department’s, Lancaster Station’s Detective Bureau at 661-948-8466.

To remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS (8477)or visit

15 comments for “Pellet gun-wielding vandals wreak havoc in east Lancaster

1. just mad as [removed]
    February 26, 2014 at 8:55 pm

I was at my one of my best friends house I haven’t seen him years .I went to jump in my 2012 dodge ram I was what’s that noise behind me !! [removed] it’s a broken window great!! I called the sheriffs they blew me off i waited all night at my friends they never came!! I had to buy a new back glass for my truck $300.00 dollars I’m a hard working americain who pays taxes wear are all the cops in this town looking for crack heads who ever shot out my window needs to no what it’s like to work hard for things in life instead of destroying other hard working peoples [removed].

2. Michael Rives
    February 25, 2014 at 12:30 pm

I guess the ‘Eye in the Sky’ was asleep.

• mimi
      February 26, 2014 at 9:02 pm

LMFAO….silly A.V thinking “The Eye in the Sky” was gonna help sheriff’s and idk who the [removed] else, keep the crime rates at a minimum in the A.V! That was sure a joke and money put to waste! So since Rex Parris is responsible for requesting that piece of [removed] to be made, all us Tax payers should sue him for taking our hard working money and promising something that never came to be! Why didn’t he put his money into that piece of [removed]! Probably because he knew there was no hope for A.V!! Then with the lazy sheriff’s that only know how to go around harassing people while there are other important things that require thier assistance they can care less about us people!! No matter if they do or if they dont respond to a call they are still getting paid regardless of what they do and don’t do!

• Michael
        February 27, 2014 at 11:49 pm

You say the Sheriff’s department does nothing but harass people, The ones they are harassing are the ones committing these crimes. and now that all the criminals got together with the P.O.S ACLU and filed lawsuits the crime rate in this valley has increased as well as the scum that continue to be relocated here (All Expense paid) from the LA projects that were shut down. prepare yourselves it will get worse!!!

3. Berniew
    February 25, 2014 at 11:09 am

In the abstract I can imagine it may have sounded like a fun idea, while really stoned drunk high, to take your gun out like a little boy and make like a bad T.V. show.

Either those people currently are enjoying a terrific hangover, or else they are pathetic losers. Or both. Hope they get caught.

4. disrespectful SOBs
    February 25, 2014 at 9:45 am

Hopefully some one comes forward that can identfy these vandals. My friends wkndow was shot out as she was driving down 30th East and Ave. . She her 4 year old daughter in the car with her. Smh

5. Sweetie
    February 24, 2014 at 1:37 pm

Any reports of animals being hit? Birds, cats? My neighbor used to practice out his upstairs bedroom window on pigeons and cats. Other neighbor kids would shoot people out the window with airsoft guns. Awesome neighborhood!

• daniel
      February 24, 2014 at 3:50 pm

sweetie— Hopefully you said or did something about it, instead of just complaining.

• law abiding citizen
        February 25, 2014 at 10:56 am

it will not do any good to complain if the suspect works for the city

• daniel
          February 25, 2014 at 11:56 am

That’s the problem right there; because someone works for the city is the reason you don’t say anything!

• Sweetie
            February 27, 2014 at 11:15 pm

I never said these kids or parents work for the City. Funny how your comment took on a life of it’s own.
            The airsoft gun shooter was a volunteer at the Station, but not at the time of the incident.

February 27, 2014 at 11:45 am

So because they “work”for the city they are ABOVE the law and above PUNISHMENT? ? I don’t think so, REPORT IT! !

• Stinger
            February 27, 2014 at 6:11 pm

I think that the point that the person was trying to make was a fear of retribution, not veneration.

6. Jip Joe
    February 24, 2014 at 1:26 pm

Parenting gone wrong. Hope they find them. even a pellet can kill or seriously injure. Get ’em LASD!

• Richard
      February 26, 2014 at 10:06 pm

I agree. However, my guess would be that they don’t have parents, but only one parent (singular). smdh