The event starts begins at 10 a.m. at the local WorkSource Center, located at 38510 Sierra Highway in Palmdale.
The program is free and open to all veterans. A buffet breakfast will be served.
The SVWSC veteran’s team will be on hand to provide information on the services available through the veterans program.
Participants should bring:
- A valid CA driver’s license or identification card and proof of residency (utility bill or letter from housing/shelter);
- Original Social Security card, permanent resident card or work authorization card;
- Lay-off letter, if recently laid off;
- Copy of EDD unemployment benefits;
- Legible copy of DD-214;
- Proof of selective service registration (for males born on or after Jan. 1, 1960;
- Proof of last 6 month’s household income;
- Personal resume and CALJobs resume. (Participants must be register with CALJobs to meet eligibility requirements.
For more information, contact Carole Evans at 661-265-7421 or Kari Blackburn at 661-267-5125.