LANCASTER – The BLVD Association has announced the six finalists in its second annual “Wedding on The BLVD” contest. The winning couple will receive a comprehensive package for a wedding in Downtown Lancaster for up to 50 guests free of charge, with various items donated by dozens of BLVD businesses. The finalists were selected from among nearly 30 couples who entered the contest at the Antelope Valley Fair’s Bridal Show on Jan. 12.
“We had a fantastic turnout this year,” said Erica Allbee, owner of All About Fitness gym and chair of the Wedding on The BLVD committee. “We’d like to thank each of the beautiful couples who entered the contest. This group of finalists includes several unique and charming love stories, and it would be an honor to work with any one of them to help make their dream wedding on the BLVD a reality.”
Among these unique stories was one couple who first met when one cut the other off in traffic. In another, the soon-to-be groom climbed into his prospective bride’s second-story window at 3 a.m. on her birthday because he wanted to make certain that his proposal was a surprise.
All finalist couples are currently engaged, with at least one member of the couple residing in the Antelope Valley. They are:
- Karly Koeb and Steven Tremlin, both of Lancaster
- Jazmin Petty and Oswaldo Gonzalez, both of Palmdale
- Claudia Lopez and Jonathan Solorzano, both of Palmdale
- Debbie Ponce of Palmdale and Hector Alvarado of Sherman Oaks
- Trinity Porter of Lancaster and Scott Stevens of Rosamond
- Amanda Rodriguez and Robert Cook, both of Lancaster
A VIP judging panel composed of representatives from various local media outlets will select the winning couple. The winners will be unveiled on Valentine’s Day.
“With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, this is the perfect time of year to celebrate love,” said Tim Anders, owner of BeX Grill and president of the BLVD Association. “The BLVD is the perfect place to celebrate that love with your special someone. From restaurants and theaters to a spa day for two, downtown is the ideal venue for everything from a casual first date to an upscale wedding or other special event.”
Following the announcement of the winning couple, participating downtown merchants will begin working with the couple to choose three choices for each aspect of their wedding – for example, three bridal gowns; three reception menus; etc. The public will then have the opportunity to vote online to make the final selection for each item that will be included in the wedding. The winning couple will be married on the Bandstand Stage at 706 W. Lancaster BLVD in June 2014.
The couple will receive the following at no cost:
- Bachelor party at Kinetic Brewing Company
- Bridal gown from Bella Bridal
- Bridal gown alterations and preservation by George’s Cleaners
- Bridesmaids’ dresses and groom’s tuxedo from Vintage Styles Now
- Invitations from Advanced Printing & Graphics
- Six-month membership to All About Fitness
- Salon services from Panache and Bella West Spa & Salon
- Ceremony on the Bandstand Stage in front of BeX
- Reception at BeX
- Catering for up to 50 guests by Giannini’s Bistro & Grill
- Wedding cake by Maribel’s Café and Bakery
- Centerpieces by Lamplighter Candles
- Engagement and wedding photography by award-winning Sutton Photography
- Wedding photo framing by Graphic Experience
- Flowers by Antelope Valley Florist
- Entertainment by Renaissance Art Center
- Honeymoon at a Ventura beach house, donated by Bella West Spa & Salon
- And more!
Additional sponsors for this year’s Wedding on The BLVD include: Antelope Valley Bank, a Division of California Bank & Trust; Boulevard Flooring Emporium; Creativity Aint a Side Hustle; and In Perfect Balance pilates studio.
For further details regarding the Wedding on The BLVD, visit www.theblvdwedding.com.
(Information via press release from The BLVD Association.)