The event begins at 2 p.m., Friday, Feb. 7, in the Health/Sciences Building, #201 (near lot 11), 3041 West Avenue K in Lancaster.
The hearing is free and open to the public. The purpose of the hearing is to better understand the challenges facing local domestic violence victims.
The discussion will include:
- Domestic violence cases tried in the Antelope Valley;
- Domestic violence in elder abuse cases, as well as domestic partner cases;
- The effect of domestic violence on children;
- The increase of male victims and the lack of services available; and
- How limited funding affects services and educating the community.
For more information or to RSVP for this event, contact the district office for Assemblymember Steve Fox at 661-267-7636.