2 injured in Lancaster shooting

The shooting happened around 11:35 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 29, at a home near Elm Avenue and Avenue H-13 in Lancaster. (Photo by LUIS MEZA)

The shooting happened around 11:35 p.m. Wednesday at a home near Elm Avenue and Avenue H-13 in Lancaster. (Photo by LUIS MEZA)

LANCASTER – A 22-year-old woman and a 24-year-old man were shot late Wednesday night when a gunman opened fire near a Lancaster home, where residents were  gathered for a small party, according to a press release from the Lancaster Sheriff’s Station. Read it below:

[Around 11:25 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 29], Lancaster deputies responded to a home on the 45000 block of Elm Ave for an assault call.

Deputies found two injured victims who sustained non-life threatening gunshot wounds.

The victims stated they were in the garage with additional occupants for a friendly gathering. The garage door was partially opened when gunfire was heard near the front of the property and they were struck by the fired rounds.

Both victims were transported to a local hospital for treatment of their injuries. It is currently unknown if this incident is gang related.

Anyone with information regarding this event is urged to contact Station Detectives at 661-948-8466.

31 comments for “2 injured in Lancaster shooting

1. red
    February 12, 2014 at 11:59 pm

So many negative stuff about who lives here. Last week an assistant pastor from LBC shot another church member in a drive bye. So I guess better look out for Christians

2. Bill Marks
    February 1, 2014 at 5:24 pm

All the cops are used to keep King Rex safe as well as the Lancaster Baptist Cult Compound. Not until King Rex is gone will things improve.

3. tommy
    February 1, 2014 at 10:35 am

Thank God we have this website so all you lowlife AV haters can all get together and cry in public, if you don’t like it here get the F out nobody will miss you.

• sickofit
      February 3, 2014 at 9:34 am

Really, Tommy? You are obviously new to the area.

• red
        February 12, 2014 at 11:27 pm

If u don’t like it here please leave, can’t u find a new place to hate

• Lily
      February 3, 2014 at 11:22 am

tommy… Calm down, you’re sounding like the hater. If you want to share with the public, your anger issues, we’ll listen and won’t tell anyone.

• red
        February 12, 2014 at 11:25 pm

@lily, Tommy is exactly right. Go if u don’t like it here what’s keeping u here? Your the one with issues u live somewhere u hate, we live somewhere we want and all u whiny babies have to do is complain and blame a place for your unhappiness. Aren’t you in charge of your own happiness. I have a feeling your unhappy no matter u are cuz your with yourself

• red
      February 12, 2014 at 11:12 pm

Exactly Tommy & no I’m not new to the area. Whiners and complainers will never be happy. If people don’t like living here move, your negative attitude isn’t helping.

4. Anom
    February 1, 2014 at 12:42 am

So are they going to sepena the neighbor’s security camera or what?? It’s all on tape.

• mike
      February 3, 2014 at 3:16 pm

Wow why haven’t anybody seen it or why haven’t the law put it on the news yet thats all they need.?

• Anom
        February 3, 2014 at 6:56 pm

I don’t know but it’s on a culdesac and the neighbor has a security camera and there is only one way in and one way out so doesn’t make sense to me why they haven’t gotten it.

• mike
          February 3, 2014 at 10:35 pm

Thats stupid the neighbors must not want to give it up or maybe u cant see anything worth giving to the law hope justice is made

• joey's friends
            February 12, 2014 at 10:06 am

If I was the neighbor, not only would the cops have video, they would have all the license numbers so they could visit all the disrespectful young people who “did see anything”.

5. Db
    January 31, 2014 at 10:29 pm

No need for anyone to worry…in a couple of days the AV Press will run another one of their front cover stories about crime rates going down…I’m embarassed to answer anyone who asks…So where do you live?…this place is a joke…first opportunity I get to leave and I’m out!!!

• Sandy
      February 1, 2014 at 10:23 am

No doubt!!! But while the crime rate is going up, the good old City of Lancaster’s “sky spy” isn’t preventing crimes, is it? So what is it doing up there all hours of the day. I haven’t heard of any crimes being prevented because of it. Have you?

• av resident
        February 1, 2014 at 3:59 pm

The eye in the sky has caught 2 shoplifting crimes. Both were from Walmart. That’s all I have heard.

• Turd Ferguson
          February 2, 2014 at 12:01 pm

What a joke LEAPS is.What a joke LEAPS is.$90,000.00 a month for what?$90,000.00 a month for what?To make Rexs friends rich?To make Rexs friends rich?Where are the criminals caught by LEAPS?Where are the criminals caught by LEAPS?There are none except Walmart shoplifters.There are none except Walmart shoplifters.Why are we paying for Walmart security?Why are we paying for Walmart security?No to LEAPS.No to LEAPS.We need more sherriffs.We need more sherriffs.More boots on the ground.More boots on the ground.LEAPS is a waste of our money.LEAPS iris a waste of our money.

• QHR
        February 2, 2014 at 5:29 am

The eye is looking at your property and eyeing unpermitted property improvements so that the tax assessor could increase revenue for the city.

• Rizzy
      February 2, 2014 at 11:27 am

Yep that’s right, leave and let the criminals win, you people that want to complain all the time can change things. Report criminal activity. No doubt gang related. I will stay in the AV and be a pain in the Arse to gang members and scum bags. Don’t let them win.

• Db
        February 2, 2014 at 10:30 pm

I hope you have never been a victim of crime in this valley as I have…I have seen it all…when the mayors, cops, detectives, prosecutors, and judges want to finally really get tough on crime instead of fattening their wallets with the revenues that are created by having crime in this town then I would consider staying…I frankly don’t give a d*** about this town anymore because quite frankly the whole system is broken! Good Luck staying and trying to fix it because you will need it! Just think if there was a real tough stance on crime we wouldn’t need to employ so many cops, detectives, prosecutors, or judges because we wouldn’t need their services…crime makes the revenue go round and round!

• sickofit
        February 3, 2014 at 9:40 am

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the gangs have already won, and you can thank your school system, town, city, county, state and federal politicians for facilitating the hot mess the AV has become. This is not the AV of the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, or even the 90s. But look what has happened since. They all should be ashamed of what they have allowed to happen, and indeed welcomed, to our valley.

• red
          February 12, 2014 at 11:34 pm

No this is not the a.v. of the 50’s cuz its 2014.

• red
      February 12, 2014 at 11:29 pm

@DB, bye the sooner the better

6. Cindy T.
    January 31, 2014 at 9:46 pm

This is why I have moved away from California, I have lived there from 1974 to 1989.. I did not want to raise my kids in that environment, I knew it was going to a peaceful place to a high crime rate, at least where I live at now it is peaceful and low rates on crimes and it’s a better place to raise kids at. Lancaster use to be a great place to live but not anymore and that is a shame to say anymore…all I can say is I am sorry for what had happened and I hope they are going to be o.k. and my prayers is with them,their family and friends.

7. Susie Q
    January 31, 2014 at 7:42 pm

Dont hangout with gangsters, thugs, lowlifes and you won’t have a problem. :)

• ...
      January 31, 2014 at 9:01 pm

No guarantees on that one, Suzie Q.

• kinnzie
        January 31, 2014 at 9:21 pm

Right, my brother was murdered sitting in his car, alone.

• Letlow
      January 31, 2014 at 10:13 pm

Yeah right! Tell that to the family of the man beaten to death in Palmdale for a driving mistake… Violence happens everywhere Ms. Susie, including up on the high horse where you think you are sitting. SMH!

8. What??
    January 31, 2014 at 3:32 pm

WOW! And our Crime is Going DOWN?? Seems like every other day if not every day I am reading about some kind of craziness going on in the Antelope….. I may have to put serious thought into leaving an area I have grew up in since 1979…. Just a freaking SHAME!
    —-> Shakes my Head <—–

• sickofit
      February 3, 2014 at 9:44 am

79? Think how I feel having lived here since the mid-50s. It’s irrecognizable.

• red
        February 12, 2014 at 11:40 pm

That’s so weird that the a.v.has changed since 1950.everywhere else has stayed the same.