LANCASTER – One person was arrested for driving drunk, three people were arrested on outstanding traffic warrants and more than two dozen people were arrested on various other violations at a DUI/Driver’s License Checkpoint conducted in Lancaster this past Friday (Dec. 20).
The checkpoint location was on Avenue K at Elm Avenue, and it was conducted between the hours of 6 p.m. Friday and 2 a.m. Saturday.
The results of the checkpoint are as follows:
* 1345 vehicles driven through the checkpoint.
* 1195 drivers screened at the checkpoint.
* One driver arrested for DUI – alcohol
* One person arrested for knowingly allowing an unlicensed driver to drive, 14604(a) CVC.
* One person arrested for driving a vehicle not equipped with an Ignition Interlock Device (IID) as required by law, 23247(e) CVC.
* One person arrested for a $75k traffic warrant and sent to court.
* One person arrested for a $26k traffic warrant and sent to court.
* One person arrested for a $25k traffic warrant and sent to court.
* Seven people arrested for suspended / revoked license violations.
* 18 unlicensed drivers arrested.
* Three vehicles stored for one day.
* Four vehicles were impounded for 30 days.
* 18 vehicles released per checkpoint release procedures.
Personnel from the Lancaster Sheriff’s Station conducted the DUI/DL Checkpoint as part of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department’s commitment to public safety. The operation was funded by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.