PALMDALE – Two people were arrested for driving drunk and nearly two dozen other drivers were arrested for various traffic violations during a checkpoint in Palmdale Friday night, authorities said.
The DUI/Driver’s License checkpoint was conducted from 6 p.m. Friday to 2 a.m. Saturday on Palmdale Boulevard at 15th Street East.
The results of the checkpoint are as follows:
* 1072 vehicles driven through the checkpoint.
* 1072 drivers screened at the checkpoint.
* Two people arrested for DUI – alcohol.
* Two people arrested for illegal possession of narcotics.
* Eight people arrested for suspended / revoked license violations.
* 15 unlicensed drivers arrested.
* Six vehicles were impounded for 30 days.
* 15 vehicles were released per checkpoint release procedures.
Personnel from the Palmdale Sheriff’s Station conducted the checkpoint as part of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department’s commitment to public safety. Funding for the operation was provided to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.