The BLVD Farmers’ Market will not take place on Thursday, December 5 due to the Light Up a Life event co-sponsored by Hoffmann Hospice. Read more about the event here. It will resume the following Thursday, December 12, as normally scheduled.
The road closure on Thursday, December 5 for the Light Up a Life event will occur from Fig to Date beginning at approximately 2 p.m. (note: road will remain closed throughout the night, then the closure will expand at 6 a.m. the following morning for A Magical BLVD Christmas).
The road closure on Friday, December 6 for the Magical BLVD Christmas event will occur from Beech to Genoa Avenue beginning at approximately 6 a.m. (note: road will remain closed throughout the night for the parade the following morning).
The road closure on Saturday, December 7 for the Lancaster Christmas Parade will occur from 12th Street West to Yucca, 10th Street West from Jackman to Newgrove, and Sierra Highway from Jackman to Milling beginning at 8 a.m. through approximately 2 p.m.
Available public parking areas in the downtown area during the holiday events include:
North of Lancaster BLVD:
- Kildare Street parking lots behind the downtown banks;
- Lancaster City Hall between Fern Avenue and Gadsden Avenue;
- Alley parking lot behind Pour D’Vino and Kinetic Brewery;
- North parking lots of American Heroes Park (along Jackman Avenue);
- Library parking lot and parking strip behind the Western Hotel.
South of Lancaster BLVD:
- Parking lots south of The BLVD and Milling Street, from Genoa Avenue to Fern Avenue and from Date Avenue to Sierra Hwy;
- Lancaster Performing Arts Center (LPAC) parking lot.
For more information regarding Light Up a Life and A Magical BLVD Christmas, contact the Parks, Recreation and Arts Department at 661-723-6077. For more information regarding the Lancaster Christmas Parade, contact the Lancaster Chamber of Commerce at 661-948-4518.-