The Veterans Resource Fair will take place from 6 to 9 p.m., Monday, Nov. 18 at the Larry Chimbole Cultural Center, located 38350 Sierra Highway in Palmdale.
“Mr. Fox is a member of the Veterans Committee in the Assembly, and so he wanted to do something special for veterans. His dad was a veteran and he’s extremely sensitive to their needs,” said Sandra Kramer, Press Aide to Assemblymember Steve Fox.
Fox will be at the Veterans Resource Fair talking to attendees and listening to their personal concerns and issues, Kramer said.
The resource fair will also feature 15 local organizations that provide support for veterans and their family members, including assistance with career training and placement, family support services, counseling, and planning for life after service.
Organizations confirmed to attend the Veterans Resource Fair include:
- The California Department of Veteran Affairs;
- Habitat for Humanity;
- Antelope Valley Veterans Center;
- Los Angeles County Department of Military and Veterans;
- Vets 4 Veterans – Antelope Valley;
- Operation Homefront;
- Red White and Blue Thrift Store;
- Mental Health of America;
- New Directions for Veterans;
- Veterans Employment Program;
- American Red Cross;
- DMH Court Linkage;
- Heritage Clinic;
- Social Service Advocates;
- The California Employment Development Department (EDD).
For more information on this event, visit www.asmdc.org/fox or contact the district office for Assemblymember Steve Fox at 661-267-7636.